Thankyou God - Joey Barton: Bristol Rovers set to appoint ex-Fleetwood boss as manager

Guest wilyfox

No problem with that. Barton is too hot-headed. This is no club for a rookie either.

Pearson an interesting appointment for the other half. They’re resourceful, so could develop if he stays beyond this season.

Chansiri is screwing himself with every decision he makes at the moment. Monk was dire. Pulis was a disaster - and the only mistake I can ever remember Chansiri actually admitting. Caretakers aren’t getting enough consistency from the group to keep us up. It’s too late in the day to go the foreign route, and domestic options either don’t want it or Chansiri doesn’t want them.

Worst part of this whole mess...we haven’t bottomed out yet. It can still get a lot worse and looks as though it will.

When we were looking at managers/head coaches I wouldn't have wanted him, but would have took him now though. If we do appoint someone this season we need to be looking at someone who would have a good chance at doing well in League 1 too. I just hope Chansiri sells after this season/in the summer. If we do get relegated and he is still the owner I fear we will be looking at the bottom end of the league, with most of our players leaving on top of everything else. Bolton keeps popping into my mind now. Also are we still looking for someone? I haven't been keeping up with us lately aside from the bbc match reports, Snooty's OMDT's and the meme thread haha.