You're usually great at identifying Sheffield Wednesday players so....

I'm pretty sure I was at Eddie's first home game in 1962.  He had hopes that the move from 'Boro would get him back in the England squad.  Sadly it was not to be, though he got a big 'It's Eddie!' photo-spread in the newspaper the day after his debut.  Funnily enough, I remember noting the resemblance to Derek Wilkinson as soon as I saw him.

• Like 1

eddie holiday was a strange one . england international at 20 confined to the lower leagues by 26  and finished by 30   ....i was only 10 when he signed so they were all gods to me but the older lads i went with to games used to call him ......i remember him as a rapid winger that for some reason no one really liked but if you look at his stats he wasnt to dusty . ....think he spent his  3rd season here without playing a single game and was released.......

• Like 1

22 hours ago, torryowl said:

eddie holiday was a strange one . england international at 20 confined to the lower leagues by 26  and finished by 30   ....i was only 10 when he signed so they were all gods to me but the older lads i went with to games used to call him ......i remember him as a rapid winger that for some reason no one really liked but if you look at his stats he wasnt to dusty . ....think he spent his  3rd season here without playing a single game and was released.......

Paxo signing ?