Championship clubs current value

Doesn’t mean they have to sell though. 

Especially if the owner feels that value can be increased over the next few years or beyond.

You only have to look at the value of those that made the prem to see what can happen if you get it right for 1 season. 

Derby listed as £40m there but weren’t they bought for £60m? 

we are worth more than that because Chansiri was offered it and rejected it. Valuation is what the owner decides he wants for it.

• Haha 2

Isn’t this that site that gives all the players silly transfer values? Would imagine their number is linked to the sum of the squad value if so

Would also explain how they get us being worth £10m in 2012, £70m in 2017 and £30m now. Realistically the value is in the premier league pay off so would expect we’re worth about the same as 2012

Can see why some of the top teams would be worth that if players like Aarons are going to be sold for £30m. But can’t see why Forest would be worth that much more than us as they don’t have many saleable assets either 

2 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Millwall looks like a bargain at that price!

Nice little stadium, fiercely loyal fan, decent powerful mid table team. What’s not to like?

Maybe someone can convince DC to sell us for £30m (not to that Alonso tw4t though), and buy Millwall in our place!

Never mind, not sure he'd pass the fit and proper test...

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

The Alonso saga doesn’t sit right with me,  suddenly appears out of no where claiming on his Instagram to be “here to make Wednesday big again” and that he was a shareholder.  Then Chansiri saying he had been an advisor for a year. How did that not come out sooner? Impossible.  Then a public “parting of ways” and suddenly Alonso makes an offer to buy the club with a consortium which gets rejected.   All sounds very suspect to me and I feel more likely that it was a setup to draw out actual buyers, to make it seem like there is competition to buy the club.   We shall see if Alonso comes back with another bid... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

DC has stripped the club of its main asset (stadium).

DC has decimated the value of the playing squad.

DC through his actions continues to undermine the “goodwill” element of any valuation.

Covid has obliterated one of our major revenue streams.

There are several ways to value a business none of them would get you even remotely near DC”s number..........

• Like 3
2 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Millwall looks like a bargain at that price!

Nice little stadium, fiercely loyal fan, decent powerful mid table team. What’s not to like?

Massive issues with land ownership in and around the stadium subject to multiple planning issues  and compulsory purchase orders .......

It's a messy one .....

Best steer clear of you're interested in buying a club C7...

• Like 1

How do you value a football club and what is market value?  It’s not like valuing a house where there are many comparables in the same location.  Can you put a value on history / tradition and/or potential?  

What is clear is that Chansiri’s valuation is so out of kilter with what someone will pay we are unlikely to be sold.  More likely that the vultures who’ve supported Chansiri and financed the club will take over in the Summer.

3 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

we are worth more than that because Chansiri was offered it and rejected it. Valuation is what the owner decides he wants for it.

Cool. I want £ 2 Million for my house. My house is therefore worth £ 2 Million.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
48 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Covid has obliterated one of our major revenue streams.

Didn’t he say something along the lines of “your money pays for nothing, not even the staff?” 

That's the value of the players.

Doesn't include any other assets, stadium, training facilities, academy or things like goodwill payments. So basically he offered to buy the players.

Essentially, he was miles off the actual value and quite rightly got told to bugger off. 

• Like 3