I'm of the thinking yesterday was the game that defined our season, our next three games I can't really see us getting a point and then we will certainly be adrift with so few games to sort it.

We need to look for the right manager to handle League 1, and League 1 players.

Maybe Ryan Lowe, he's said he wants it. Seems to have the strong enough character to possibly get a battling side built to get out of that league. I can easily see it taking 2-3 seasons to bounce back. We will be so many small clubs cup finals and it'll be tough, look at the likes of Sunderland.

Some of the other names banded about wouldn't want to drop to that level.

Now is the time for Chansiri to actually get something right for once

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think Lowe would be a good fit for us if he was allowed just to get on with things by both the Chairman and the Fans. We need someone who can build something sustainable and he’s got as a good a chance as anyone of doing this?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Would be happy with somebody like Lowe if he is given time and support to rebuild and implement a vision going forward. In reality we all know it will be another of Paxo’s gravy train clients, and round and round we’ll go.

• Like 1

Yep a well run club would be giving someone like Lowe an 18 month contract and saying,  right see what you can do with this squad for rest of this season but if we do go down then start planning who you want to be here next season for a promotion push.  

Sadly we are not a well run club, and it’s the fans fault as our owner understands football better than we do 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

In our current state we’d ruin Lowe, and in turn ruin a very promising manager and taint a man who’s well liked among our supporters.

Id like him to come when Chansiri is gone. But then he may be too good for us by then.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Serious question (and yes it's regarding Chansiri because it's such an important aspect of the club and how it's running)

Does anyone think Ryan Lowe could make us a success with Chansiri and Paxo still here?

Knowing what we know

What do you think?

Can ANY manager work here?

Good Point Neil. 
Id love to see someone like Lowe given the job. He just has to be given Carte Blanche to do his own thing. Expectations will be lower from fans and it may just work. 
DC sadly wouldn’t go for it I’m fairly sure. 

• Thanks 1

Comes across well Ryan Lowe. He always speaks well of us, and he would be a good fit in L1.

The owner and Paxo situation is starting to look at a major barrier to recruitment and needs sorting before we before a 'normal' club thinking normally about recruitment on and off the pitch.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Can ANY manager work here

Sadly the track record of the chairman says the answer is no.

It stretches credulity to think that he can't see that and change.

Maybe relegation will be a wake up call?

(I don't want relegation by the way)

Edited by Rev Owl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know he’s done reasonably well as a manager so far, but are we not assessing him through rose tinted spectacles just because he’s a former player ?

If he wasn’t a former player, would he have merited a mention  on this forum ?

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Would be happy with somebody like Lowe if he is given time and support to rebuild and implement a vision going forward.

Exactly this. We, the fans, would need to get behind him, even if things don't click immediately. I'm not sure all of us have that patience.

• Like 1

If we fail to pick up 4-6 points from the next 2 I agree we need to start planning for league one. I think we will struggle to attract any manager that thinks anything of themselves with Chansiri in charge. 

• Like 1
Just now, WalthamOwl said:

If we fail to pick up 4-6 points from the next 2 I agree we need to start planning for league one. I think we will struggle to attract any manager that thinks anything of themselves with Chansiri in charge. 

Didn’t we start planning for League One when we signed Windass and Paterson?

24 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

I know he’s done reasonably well as a manager so far, but are we not assessing him through rose tinted spectacles just because he’s a former player ?

If he wasn’t a former player, would he have merited a mention  on this forum ?

Based on the Cowley's I'd say yes he'd merit a mention with his progress so far.

Being an ex player just increases his exposure...

Edited by slinger208b
33 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Nothing against Lowe but why the obsession with ex players like Lowe and Pearson?

Monk, Turner, Eustace, Wilson.   Wilkinson apart, it rarely works.  

I didn't mention him by being an ex player, it's simply a case of just who is out there that seems right for the job, would possibly come to the club and could possibly turn things round. He comes across very much like Wilder in his approach and seems like the only one you could pick out for next season.

so nothing at all to do with him being an ex player