Neil Thompson on why he changed the tactics, formation and starting lineup

Just now, slinger208b said:

My point is, it's not as simple as "just do this" or "just do that".

There are a lot of factors to consider and of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I disagree with claiming what should or shouldn't have been done by those not in NTs position...

So to answer my last question YES then

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

😂

So anyone that's "watched a bit of football" is more qualified to offer a valid opinion over the experienced manager?

"I can do better, I've watched loads of matches on TV, AND played loads of games on t'computer"

Delusional...

I take it you haven't revisited the OMDT?... Thompson got it wrong and was called out for it.

I'm a bit sick of fan bashing tbh...

Again..if you honestly think that NT is a coaching guru to the extent that you feel too inferior to challenge one of the biggest clangers of the season then stay out of it rather than call us fans thickos.

6 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

My point is, it's not as simple as "just do this" or "just do that".

There are a lot of factors to consider and of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I disagree with claiming what should or shouldn't have been done by those not in NTs position...

By that "logic" we shouldn't be allowed to vote because we're not Boris Johnson.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

I take it you haven't revisited the OMDT?... Thompson got it wrong and was called out for it.

I'm a bit sick of fan bashing tbh...

Again..if you honestly think that NT is a coaching guru to the extent that you feel too inferior to challenge one of the biggest clangers of the season then stay out of it rather than call us fans thickos.

And I'm sick of everyone thinking they know better than the manager or coach to be honest.

Sorry, forgot the OMDT is the be all and end all of football knowledge...

And I'm sick of everyone thinking they know better than the manager or coach to be honest.

No you're right

It's the fans fault

The ones suggesting the tactics were off in a game we lost (against BIRMINGHAM) are to blame

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

It's obviously where you hang out to pick up a few pointers.

Can't see why you dislike it so much.

When Jos selected that side with NO strikers - were the fans wrong to suggest that was crackers?

How about when Forestieri was played as a left wing back? Where fans wrong then too when they disagreed with those tactics?

Did the managers know stuff we didn't to justfy those selections?

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

When Jos selected that side with NO strikers - were the fans wrong to suggest that was crackers?

How about when Forestieri was played as a left wing back? Where fans wrong then too when they disagreed with those tactics?

Did the managers know stuff we didn't to justfy those selections?

That's kind of what I was getting at.

I'm not saying managers are infallable, just the reasons for decisions might not be known or so obvious...

4 hours ago, McRightSide said:

When will managers learn not to fear opposites and play the game we want to play.

Cowardly

Absoulutely bang on nail on head..

Sick to death of the testicles about stopping the oppos...especially free flowing high scorers like foookin burmingham

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

That's kind of what I was getting at.

I'm not saying managers are infallable, just the reasons for decisions might not be known or so obvious...

lol

So fans were wrong to criticise Monk, Jos and Pulis for their lineups/style/strategy

And Jos was right to name a side with no strikers in it?

And it was  right that Forestieri was played at left back?

REYT

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

I rest my case...

You haven't got a case.

Outside of don't question the management because you're a stupid wednesdayite.

I understand that you haunt Matchday hoping that some football knowledge might rub off on you but it's poor form to bite the hand that feeds you.

Edited by Costello 77