Why season tickets and replica shirts are so expensive

5 minutes ago, Worthing_owl said:

So we should pay less for season tickets and merchandise. Somehow Get Players a lot better than we already have And bring a lot of success to Sheffield Wednesday.

It is quite easy really, I don't know why other clubs don't try it? As a business model I can't fault it.

Don’t think anyone has actually said that. 

However

We ARE paying top dollar for STs and merch and we AREN’T getting any better players. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, room0035 said:

Or the new range of shower jackets just released at £55 you can get the same thing else where without DC's name on it for about £15.

"Just wait until we release the shower caps. You're going to need one as well!" 

:Chansiri:

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, room0035 said:

Or the new range of shower jackets just released at £55 you can get the same thing else where without DC's name on it for about £15.

Thank God people have final woke up to the rip off nature of the bloke.

All the high prices have done is delay the inevitable by giving him more of our money to waste.

Covid restriction have shown his business model for what it is, a ******** bad joke.

I don't wear a jacket when I take a shower am I missing something? I thought the idea was to get wet in the shower.lol

• Haha 2

Guest Hornsby
6 hours ago, Dunkstar said:

So £100 season tickets next year and a £300 rebate for each  the last 3 years right?

Sweet.

He has never backdated owt.

Throughout the season the away shirt has really grown on me and if like to get one. But no way I'm paying £59 for it. Mid-feb and it's still full price. 

Even when it gets reduced (next season probably) I'd bet it's still as expensive as other teams new 21-22 shirts.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Don’t think anyone has actually said that. 

However

We ARE paying top dollar for STs and merch and we AREN’T getting any better players. 

I didn't think anyone was paying top dollar for their season ticket? DC  Is almost single handedly keeping the club afloat. Buy merchandise if you fancy it And you want to help the club, Otherwise don't buy. Easy really.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I actually think the Elev8 stuff looks quite smart to be fair. Just had a browse on the online shop and it doesn’t look too bad.

Whether from a business point of view it’s a good idea, I don’t know. Don’t think many clubs do it in house like us?

Some of the prices are eye watering though which will no doubt put a lot of people off. 

I’m not business minded so I don’t know if it’s a good idea or not. But I can’t imagine some of the gear is exactly flying off the shelves.

It’s either volume or margin.

You either stack it high, sell it cheap and hope you sell loads of it or you mark up the selling price so high you make a cracking margin despite selling less units.

So either 10% of 20k sold or 20% of 10k sold in simple terms.

The trick is to get that fine balance between - low production costs with a retail price that customers find enticing enough that you can sell large volumes and still maintain a decent margin.

DC just got greedy.

• Like 1

We got Westwood, Loovens, Lees, Lee, Hutchinson, Palmer, Nuihu, Bannan all on free they were the main stay of our team for most of DC time.

How can he say he invested in the team with a straight face, When all the so call investment players have gone bar Rhodes.

His biggest mistake was not backing Gray for a full season.

23 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We got Westwood, Loovens, Lees, Lee, Hutchinson, Palmer, Nuihu, Bannan all on free they were the main stay of our team for most of DC time.

How can he say he invested in the team with a straight face, When all the so call investment players have gone bar Rhodes.

His biggest mistake was not backing Gray for a full season.

No such thing as a free transfer.

Might be no transfer fee but that always means a player can attract a higher signing on fee and wages.

Chansiri invested in these players by offering all of them new improved contracts.

I'm in the minority as voted against it in the survey, mainly cause I didn't see carrying on with the existing budget as a guarantee of anything, although I accept in theory a bigger budget gives you a better chance of competing at the top end of the league. I probably sound stupid for saying that but that was my thinking at the time.  I know one of my friends certainly thought so when we spoke about it.

5 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

I remember the questionnaire. I voted to cut back on spending and play the youth players. I voted for cheaper season tickets. Everyone else voted to carry on as we were pretty much. I've been told my season ticket pays for nothing. I worked out that me and my sons tickets paid for less than a day of Almin Abdis wages each season. Once I realised that I started to see through the crap DC was spinning.

The only thing he got right was how little the fans actually contribute, money wise, in the overall scheme of things. He forgot we contributed a lot more than money. We contributed something that couldn't be bought. He's seeing that now, or he's about to. He has ruined our club and its gonna get a hell of a lot worse before it gets better, if it does get better that is. I'm resigned to following a phoenix club before too long I'm afraid. 

I did the same thing with that ridiculous questionnaire. At the time, I was worried about the spending and falling on our arses. I was concerned about what was happening to Derby, after they had done it in a very similar way. I was angry about the pay on the gate prices in particular. At one stage, as I was training for a new job and income was low, I took Chansiri up on his offer to help out fans struggling and emailed the club explaining my circumstances, which was tough to do - effectively going cap in hand. I never received a reply from the club.

I really don't get how he has run the club. The late night rants, embargos, point deductions, managerial mess ups, ridiculous signings - the whole thing has been a farce in my opinion. I will have little interest in renewing season tickets when fans are allowed back as it stands, and I'm still waiting for a refund on last season's. 

I also did exactly the same with the players wages too, except I compared mine to Fletchers! It was depressing 😂

• Like 1