Why season tickets and replica shirts are so expensive

58 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Need to keep prices high so we don't sell our best players.

Well done Chansiri.

Extremely unfair to our saviour DC. We haven't sold our best players (we've let them walk for nowt). ChansiriBall - WINNING.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

People seem to think that posting dramatic stuff about Chansiri will somehow convince any Chansiri fans that he's not good for our club

They talk about wild stories of how he'll lead us into administration or we'll end up relegated

Nobody ever needs to do that

Literally all anyone should ever do when discussing Chansiri is simply cut and paste Chansiri's exact own words 

That's it

That's all you have to do when speaking with/to anyone who still is trotting out the 'careful what you wish for' or 'another stick to beat Chansiri with' or 'he's putting his own money in' or even 'anti-swfc agenda fans'

Just post Chansiri's own words

It's then not making anything up, exaggerating, giving a worst case scenario that MIGHT happen etc - it's literally just Chansiri's own words and what he himself has actually said to our fans

Extremely powerful

A chansiri fan might try to argue against one of them, but keep posting a few and eventually it sinks in that the fans have been had by this man - 100% totally duped

I might even make a list of them in one easy to read list of quotes

100%

• Thanks 1

In a perverse kind of way Im glad its blown up in his face although we are all going to suffer the consequences for his ill conceived business model for years.

However, he's now clearly run out of money and has zero goodwill from the fans who wont stump up the cash for overpriced tickets and merchandise.

So Chansiri is stuck between rock and a hard place with no war chest to fund the club and vastly reduced income due to alienation of the fanbase.

Only two viable ways out:

1. Sell or let the club sink and take a massive haircut.

2. Radically change the business model and try to trade your way out of difficulty over a few years.

I think that he is far too arrogant / narcissistic to even consider option 1, therefore his only choice is option 2.

2 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

2. Radically change the business model and try to trade your way out of difficulty over a few years.

I think that he is far too arrogant / narcissistic to even consider option 1, therefore his only choice is option 2.

but he’s too stubborn to consider option 2 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Or the new range of shower jackets just released at £55 you can get the same thing else where without DC's name on it for about £15.

Thank God people have final woke up to the rip off nature of the bloke.

All the high prices have done is delay the inevitable by giving him more of our money to waste.

Covid restriction have shown his business model for what it is, a ******** bad joke.

55 quid. Really

lol

• Haha 1

Well I at least bought a shirt, never wore it though as they didn't do a tailored to fit beer belly version.  But at least by buying one I have contributed to us not going back to where we were 15 years ago.

• Haha 1

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

I actually think the Elev8 stuff looks quite smart to be fair. Just had a browse on the online shop and it doesn’t look too bad.

Whether from a business point of view it’s a good idea, I don’t know. Don’t think many clubs do it in house like us?

Some of the prices are eye watering though which will no doubt put a lot of people off. 

I’m not business minded so I don’t know if it’s a good idea or not. But I can’t imagine some of the gear is exactly flying off the shelves.

I remember the questionnaire. I voted to cut back on spending and play the youth players. I voted for cheaper season tickets. Everyone else voted to carry on as we were pretty much. I've been told my season ticket pays for nothing. I worked out that me and my sons tickets paid for less than a day of Almin Abdis wages each season. Once I realised that I started to see through the crap DC was spinning.

The only thing he got right was how little the fans actually contribute, money wise, in the overall scheme of things. He forgot we contributed a lot more than money. We contributed something that couldn't be bought. He's seeing that now, or he's about to. He has ruined our club and its gonna get a hell of a lot worse before it gets better, if it does get better that is. I'm resigned to following a phoenix club before too long I'm afraid. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

I remember the questionnaire. I voted to cut back on spending and play the youth players. I voted for cheaper season tickets. Everyone else voted to carry on as we were pretty much. I've been told my season ticket pays for nothing. I worked out that me and my sons tickets paid for less than a day of Almin Abdis wages each season. Once I realised that I started to see through the crap DC was spinning.

The only thing he got right was how little the fans actually contribute, money wise, in the overall scheme of things. He forgot we contributed a lot more than money. We contributed something that couldn't be bought. He's seeing that now, or he's about to. He has ruined our club and its gonna get a hell of a lot worse before it gets better, if it does get better that is. I'm resigned to following a phoenix club before too long I'm afraid. 

The thing is we voted for investment when the club knew full well it was about to be put under a transfer embargo.

The results of that survey have simply not been followed through. Investment has been significantly lower. 

• Like 3

Bottom line is season ticket sales are going to take a helluva dive next season.

When fans are finally allowed back and DC sees the rows and rows of faded blue seats maybe it will sink in.  A half empty Hillsborough is a desolate place.

People aren’t going to pay top dollar for league 1.  

3 hours ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

There are 3 options there: sell, let the club sink, and/or change business model.

He's incapable of changing the business model (because there's been no evidence of that over the time he's been here) so that leaves you with the first two options: sell or sink the club. If you think he's two arrogant to sell for a loss (plenty of evidence of that in his behaviour over the years) then all you're left with is letting the club sink. Do you think he's the type of person that would let that happen, therefore blaming his loss and the destruction of the club on others like the fans, regulations and authorities in the UK?

I do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Owl Be Back said:

There are 3 options there: sell, let the club sink, and/or change business model.

He's incapable of changing the business model (because there's been no evidence of that over the time he's been here) so that leaves you with the first two options: sell or sink the club. If you think he's two arrogant to sell for a loss (plenty of evidence of that in his behaviour over the years) then all you're left with is letting the club sink. Do you think he's the type of person that would let that happen, therefore blaming his loss and the destruction of the club on others like the fans, regulations and authorities in the UK?

I do.

Maybe so. We are into Pheonix Club territory then aren't we.

I suspect that if things were heading that way then it could get so toxic and hostile for DC that he would bail out before then.

Who knows where the bottom is with this imbecile in charge.

• Like 2

So we should pay less for season tickets and merchandise. Somehow Get Players a lot better than we already have And bring a lot of success to Sheffield Wednesday.

It is quite easy really, I don't know why other clubs don't try it? As a business model I can't fault it.

• Haha 1