Stick or Twist?

2 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Your Chansiri, you can see your millions £ investment going down the bottom, do you stick with Thompson hoping he can scrape enough points to keep us up or do you gamble and get an experienced manager in and hope he can do the job?

You’re assuming of course that any experienced manager would want to come here and work for the current owner at this moment in time 

• Like 3

I suppose it depends which division we are in and what out budget is next season will decide the window we go manager shopping in. 

Well, I say shopping of course, I suspect we may find ourselves around the back looking in the bins for our next tactical saviour 

• Like 1

Just now, Kew Owl said:

You’re assuming of course that any experienced manager would want to come here and work for the current owner at this moment in time 

Yep, I’m under no illusion that we will have our pick of the bunch. It’ll be more of a case of who wants it.

No decent manager will touch the club with a 10ft pole at least not without some huge financial incentive - which is hard to offer when you’re struggling to pay your staff.

I think Chansiri has backed himself into a corner with the way he’s handled the managerial position and barring a minor miracle everyone is going to suffer the fallout. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Your Chansiri, you can see your millions £ investment going down the bottom, do you stick with Thompson hoping he can scrape enough points to keep us up or do you gamble and get an experienced manager in and hope he can do the job?

Well its got to be twist because thomson has made some poor decisions recently, trouble is no decent manager will entertain  us, or rather chansiri.

13 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Who wants it who is any good?

Don't think it is the manager, if we got Pep I think he would struggle here.

Its like there's is a malaise within the club, every year we move a couple of players on and we still get the same old inconsistency.

We have tried many different managerial approaches and none have worked.

Carlos with his clock in and out when you want.

Jos with his freeze your best players out.

Bruce. We will never know.

Bullen arm around the shoulder

Monk get rid of the bad eggs

Pulis disciplinarian my way or the highway

Thompson see Bullen

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RockieOwl said:

Get a manager in. He should have done ages ago.

Thompson has done well under the circumstances but he's not cut out for this

The problem is the position of the Manager of SWFC certainly interested some pretty good managers/Coaches from all over Europe but our ‘amateur’ chairman wanted the successful candidate to sign up only until the end of the season. No manager with any integrity would agree to those terms and hence why we have Thompson trying to do the job. 
There is a reason a ‘coach’ stays a ‘coach, that because Managers are a different breed and it’s blatantly obvious that’s what we have needed for weeks and weeks now.