Lowest point ever ?

7 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I feel so fed up with it all tonight, today’s game was a must win game, it wasn’t just that we lost but the way we lost. I feel so angry, upset about what is happening to the club I love. Unfortunately I think it will get a lot worse before it gets any better. 

Proper mardy tonight. This week was massive and we totally capitulated.

• Thanks 1

If we lose after 100% effort, leaving it all on the pitch I really don't mind if we lose. 

I want to see our players bent over at the end of a game on the brink of chundering after giving it all.

I've not seen that in a Wednesday shirt for a number of years.

I'd rather have a squad of bang average grafters, fighting for the shirt, who show the club and supporters respect through their work rate and attitude, than the shower of overpaid show ponies strutting about we've had for the last few years.

That for me is the biggest disappointment.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

For a club our size, being a financially stable Championship club that flirts with the play-offs is entirely possible. Hell, several clubs have recently show promotion is possible whilst managing your finances sensibly. 

What we have achieved for the amount spent is just mind boggling.  It’s difficult to imagine how a club could waste so much money, and end up so *searches for the right word* f****d

• Like 3

6 hours ago, 31Dec1966 said:

I've always said the 0-0 draw at home to Rushden and Diamonds was my lowest point ever.  That looks like being under threat shortly. Next season it is entirely possible that we will be in a lower division than Lincoln City and Accrington Stanley.   Also very possible (probable?) that we will be playing, on level terms,  Forest Green Rovers, Cheltenham Town and Salford City.   Or maybe Morecambe or Newport.

Even more worrying is that, at the moment, ALL those teams will probably be mentally tougher than our team. They will fight till the 90th minute. 

How are we going to charge  £36 to watch Fleetwood Town ? 

How are we going to get someone to even sponsor the ball against Cheltenham Town ?

After not refunding loyal supporters (including me) for games missed nearly a year ago, not to mention THIS years ST money, how are the club going to persuade anyone to carry on paying to watch players taking home a normal years salary in a month ?  When those players don't seem to mind whether they're playing in a Sheffield derby next season or away at a village team ?

There are more important things to worry about in life but, SWFC have been a big part of my life for 50 years and, right now, football-wise, I'm in despair.

How can you speculate on mental toughness when you don't know who will be in our squad and who will be our manager? 

I must admit this is the lowest I have felt about the club.  I know that as long as Chansiri is in charge the decline will continue.  The problem is we are stuck with him as the club is in such a mess no one will want to buy it.  Where we go from here I have no idea.  It has even crossed my mind to consider not renewing my season ticket, which until now has been unthinkable. Very bad times.

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

I normally wake up feeling a bit better the day after a defeat but this morning I just feel so sad and angry about everything at the club from top to bottom. We are sleepwalking in to league one and it looks like the fans are the only ones that give a poo about it. 

Yes and I feel this time what’s making it worse is we have a much bigger problem than just relegation.  Relegation happens in football, 1/8th of the league have to be relegated every season.  But we have a clueless owner who has already run us into the ground financially, and there is no long term plan or hope.  

One of the main revenue streams for league 1 clubs to make money and propel themselves forward is to develop young players and sell them for large profit - we aren’t doing that.  

Until we detach ourselves from Chansiri and his advisors we are in a lot of trouble 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Yes and I feel this time what’s making it worse is we have a much bigger problem than just relegation.  Relegation happens in football, 1/8th of the league have to be relegated every season.  But we have a clueless owner who has already run us into the ground financially, and there is no long term plan or hope.  

One of the main revenue streams for league 1 clubs to make money and propel themselves forward is to develop young players and sell them for large profit - we aren’t doing that.  

Until we detach ourselves from Chansiri and his advisors we are in a lot of trouble 

fully agree. I think even after relegation things will get a lot worse on and off the pitch. Chansiri and Paxo are the poison at this club that everything else stems from. They need to go whatever the consequences imo. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, new zealand owl said:

How can you speculate on mental toughness when you don't know who will be in our squad and who will be our manager? 

I did say "probably" didn't I. I hope I'm wrong but this malaise hasn't just suddenly appeared, it's been apparent for years. There have been exceptions but most of the time we don't seem to care as much as the other team. I think we will be relegated and I speculate that, unless we recruit players with a different mindset we won't be back soon .

My biggest worthy with this is that there is no sign of the rot stopping.

With Chansiri in charge, we are rapidly in decline and his complete incompetence gives me no confidence at all we’d be competitive in league one.

I obviously want us to stay up, but if we do, Chansiri will just take it as a success in that he thinks he’s still doing the right things. I wish he would leave 

17 hours ago, 31Dec1966 said:

I've always said the 0-0 draw at home to Rushden and Diamonds was my lowest point ever.  That looks like being under threat shortly. Next season it is entirely possible that we will be in a lower division than Lincoln City and Accrington Stanley.   Also very possible (probable?) that we will be playing, on level terms,  Forest Green Rovers, Cheltenham Town and Salford City.   Or maybe Morecambe or Newport.

Even more worrying is that, at the moment, ALL those teams will probably be mentally tougher than our team. They will fight till the 90th minute. 

How are we going to charge  £36 to watch Fleetwood Town ? 

How are we going to get someone to even sponsor the ball against Cheltenham Town ?

After not refunding loyal supporters (including me) for games missed nearly a year ago, not to mention THIS years ST money, how are the club going to persuade anyone to carry on paying to watch players taking home a normal years salary in a month ?  When those players don't seem to mind whether they're playing in a Sheffield derby next season or away at a village team ?

There are more important things to worry about in life but, SWFC have been a big part of my life for 50 years and, right now, football-wise, I'm in despair.

I was at that game as well, don't even think Rushden and Diamonds are a club now either but didn't we finish in our second ever worst position that season in 16th in the third tier?  the other being after we beat Southend in the 70s to stay up?