Lowest point ever ?

2 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

I've always said the 0-0 draw at home to Rushden and Diamonds was my lowest point ever.  That looks like being under threat shortly. Next season it is entirely possible that we will be in a lower division than Lincoln City and Accrington Stanley.   Also very possible (probable?) that we will be playing, on level terms,  Forest Green Rovers, Cheltenham Town and Salford City.   Or maybe Morecambe or Newport.

Even more worrying is that, at the moment, ALL those teams will probably be mentally tougher than our team. They will fight till the 90th minute. 

How are we going to charge  £36 to watch Fleetwood Town ? 

How are we going to get someone to even sponsor the ball against Cheltenham Town ?

After not refunding loyal supporters (including me) for games missed nearly a year ago, not to mention THIS years ST money, how are the club going to persuade anyone to carry on paying to watch players taking home a normal years salary in a month ?  When those players don't seem to mind whether they're playing in a Sheffield derby next season or away at a village team ?

There are more important things to worry about in life but, SWFC have been a big part of my life for 50 years and, right now, football-wise, I'm in despair.

It is a cause of despair. No management of club , recruitment or team

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

£18 to go on the Uncovered standing at Forest Green.

Now thats football!

id stand in the rain in league 2 watching us a forest green if we are allowed to live our lives again and attend football , have a new owner who knows about football and have a set of players we could be proud of . life at the min and been a swfc supporter cannot be any worst , we are alive yes and most of us have 4 walls etc but apart from that wow id say 1 or 2 out of 10 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, victorturner said:

It is a cause of despair. No management of club , recruitment or team

This ^  previously in league 1 we either a) had the hope that someone would come along and buy us soon.  Or, b) when Mandaric did buy us he got the right managers and signings in that got us promoted.  

Chansiri and team won’t be capable of running the club correctly for a promotion push,  and he won’t sell either 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I felt sick to the stomach before kick off today, as the match played out, first the sending off, and then conceding, I  felt

un-bothered, which made me realise that I have accepted all that has happened to this beautiful club.

And there is only one person to blame.

Hate would be the wrong word, but I  have no other words for the person I hold responsible. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, morganowl said:

id stand in the rain in league 2 watching us a forest green if we are allowed to live our lives again and attend football , have a new owner who knows about football and have a set of players we could be proud of . life at the min and been a swfc supporter cannot be any worst , we are alive yes and most of us have 4 walls etc but apart from that wow id say 1 or 2 out of 10 

Stuck with it Morgan,  the times will be here soon enough when we can leave the confines of our homes and once more be out there , in the fresh air .... witness our clubs struggles in person!

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Stuck with it Morgan,  the times will be here soon enough when we can leave the confines of our homes and once more be out there , in the fresh air .... witness our clubs struggles in person!

well i really hope so . its going to be a very interesting year this year one way or another in all ways . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 31Dec1966 said:

How are we going to get someone to even sponsor the ball against Cheltenham Town ?

If he charges any more than £20 I won't be there and even then I'd much prefer it to be £15 to watch that dross and I mean our team not the opposition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest LondonOwl313
2 hours ago, 31Dec1966 said:

I've always said the 0-0 draw at home to Rushden and Diamonds was my lowest point ever.  That looks like being under threat shortly. Next season it is entirely possible that we will be in a lower division than Lincoln City and Accrington Stanley.   Also very possible (probable?) that we will be playing, on level terms,  Forest Green Rovers, Cheltenham Town and Salford City.   Or maybe Morecambe or Newport.

Even more worrying is that, at the moment, ALL those teams will probably be mentally tougher than our team. They will fight till the 90th minute. 

After not refunding loyal supporters (including me) for games missed nearly a year ago, not to mention THIS years ST money, how are the club going to persuade anyone to carry on paying to watch players taking home a normal years salary in a month ?  When those players don't seem to mind whether they're playing in a Sheffield derby next season or away at a village team ?

There are more important things to worry about in life but, SWFC have been a big part of my life for 50 years and, right now, football-wise, I'm in despair.

We’d be ok if we could just go back to basics. We’re still a name, have a large fan base and have our history, something those other clubs don’t have.

Going back to basics though means re-engaging with fans. So slash ticket prices and get the ground full.. encourage people to take their kids otherwise we will die out within 20 years looking at how old most of our fans are.

Then build something sustainable on the pitch.. easy to start with a blank canvas especially now the wage cap has been scrapped.

Can’t see our owner doing all this though.. he’ll carry on and on with failed strategy and wait for the fans to stop going and it gets to the point where admin is all that’s left. It’s sad