Dunkley, Ozaze & Joey P

1 hour ago, jrh said:

Joey Pelupessy playing the amount of games he has done for us is part of the reason we are in the trouble we are in. If we would have had Hutchinson playing instead of him all season we'd definitely be better off. 

Yeah we’ve been fantastic the last two games with hutch in midfield.

33 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Yeah we’ve been fantastic the last two games with hutch in midfield.

Did you watch the Stoke game? When pelupessy came on it was one of the worst substitute performances I've seen in a long time. 

And we'll blame Hutch for Shaw getting sent off and poor decisions from the manager. 

Honestly if you think Pelupessy is anywhere near good enough then there is no hope. He is always a yard behind the game, constantly gives away stupid fouls because he's too slow, only passes backwards or 2 yards to Bannan, he offers pretty much nothing positive. 

The defence has been a mystery to me all season. We have had a few winning formulas in defence. Borner and Lees looked good together. Then we had Hutch and Lees. Dunkley isn’t terrible and slip ups he’s made he has recovered from but Borner had been excellent before his injury and hasn’t been seen since. 
As for Urhoghide I couldn’t get my head around why he was on the bench. He’s been really good. One of the basic rules of football, don’t change the defence unless you have to. 

Pelupessy had improved but he was so bad against Stoke I was relieved he wasn’t on the pitch today. That said I doubt he’d of got himself sent off!

When we had three central defenders, two wingbacks, three midfielders and two strikers and were getting balls in from wide I felt we would always have a chance against poor teams and probably lose to better team. Which was the best we could hope for. Got knows what today was supposed to be but I cannot think that what transpired was the plan!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jrh said:

Did you watch the Stoke game? When pelupessy came on it was one of the worst substitute performances I've seen in a long time. 

And we'll blame Hutch for Shaw getting sent off and poor decisions from the manager. 

Honestly if you think Pelupessy is anywhere near good enough then there is no hope. He is always a yard behind the game, constantly gives away stupid fouls because he's too slow, only passes backwards or 2 yards to Bannan, he offers pretty much nothing positive. 

I didn’t say he was any good. Fact is you could merge them both together and you still lwouldn’t get a decent centre midfielder as they’re both crap.

Your point was however that Pelupessy has been responsible for our defeats and if we had Hutch playing we would have more points when in fact with hutch in midfield we have lost 3 and won 1 (against the mighty Wycombe) where as under Thompson with Pelupessy in midfield we have won 4 and lost 2.

2 hours ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Cos we had a 12 point deduction and were shopping in the equivalent of the bargain bin at the local off license, rather than the artisanal section of Waitrose

Ive known teams far worse off than we were at the start of the season pick up better buys. None of that justifies buying a player with a double break, whose fitness is therefore in doubt and who can’t play for a good part of the season, in my eyes at least.

21 minutes ago, 83owl said:

I didn’t say he was any good. Fact is you could merge them both together and you still lwouldn’t get a decent centre midfielder as they’re both crap.

Your point was however that Pelupessy has been responsible for our defeats and if we had Hutch playing we would have more points when in fact with hutch in midfield we have lost 3 and won 1 (against the mighty Wycombe) where as under Thompson with Pelupessy in midfield we have won 4 and lost 2.

Hutchinson is a very good championship footballer. He does the job you would want and expect of a defensive midfielder, wins the ball, has energy, breaks up play and is a good passer who doesn't give the ball away very often. 

I didn't by any means say it was his fault! I said I think we would have more points, there is a big difference. 

4 hours ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Thommo's selection and non-selection of these players has been his and our downfall.

A few weeks ago Ozaze had a great game. We played very well with him, Lees and Hutch in a back 3.

The following game he was then dropped for Dunkley who was poor and has been poor since. In this game we played Dunkley Lees and hutch in a back 3. Joey P gives away penalty. Haters waiting for Joey crawled out from under their rocks.

The next game Ozaze was bought back in. Despite playing well and consistently for a number of weeks, it was for Joey P who was hung out to dry after 1 mistake. Hutch was moved into midfield. We have been poor ever since.

Was it correct to drop Joey for a mistake in a game in which everyone was poor, despite playing consistently well and giving his all for a number of weeks?

Dunkley has come off in both previous game, and looked incredibly slow the their goal today. Is he fit?

To me Joey P has improved from a poor beginning, Osaze looks like a decent player yet to be seen on that one and Dunkley is a big centre half if he was a good footballer he’d probably be in a top division. But honestly haven’t seen enough of him to comment so apologise if that is misguided.

3 hours ago, the_vinyl_frontier said:

Pelupessy has been good for us this season, he has been unlucky to have been dropped. He has proved a lot of fans, including myself, wrong

Joey has improved massively however he's just not good enough overall! I like the lads attitude and he doesn't deserve the stick he gets but as I say championship footy is just above his level. 

A Bolton, Donny type player all day long! 

9 hours ago, jrh said:

Hutchinson is a very good championship footballer. He does the job you would want and expect of a defensive midfielder, wins the ball, has energy, breaks up play and is a good passer who doesn't give the ball away very often. 

I didn't by any means say it was his fault! I said I think we would have more points, there is a big difference. 

How can you think we would have more points with him in midfield when the only points we have picked up with him playing there was against the whipping boys of the division Wycombe?

Hutch is good at tackling and scrapping for the ball but he’s no centre midfielder. There’s a reason players like Calvin Phillips received £20m+ bids and players like Hutch go and play in Cyprus. The midfield is far too disjointed when he plays in there.