Dunkley, Ozaze & Joey P

Thommo's selection and non-selection of these players has been his and our downfall.

A few weeks ago Ozaze had a great game. We played very well with him, Lees and Hutch in a back 3.

The following game he was then dropped for Dunkley who was poor and has been poor since. In this game we played Dunkley Lees and hutch in a back 3. Joey P gives away penalty. Haters waiting for Joey crawled out from under their rocks.

The next game Ozaze was bought back in. Despite playing well and consistently for a number of weeks, it was for Joey P who was hung out to dry after 1 mistake. Hutch was moved into midfield. We have been poor ever since.

Was it correct to drop Joey for a mistake in a game in which everyone was poor, despite playing consistently well and giving his all for a number of weeks?

Dunkley has come off in both previous game, and looked incredibly slow the their goal today. Is he fit?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Got to say I am a little lost on Dunkley. Why did we sign a player with a double break, months off being fit, whose club materially improved when he was out of the side and who is close to 30 and has hardly ever played at Championship level? There was the “he’s a born leader” quotes but I don’t even see that.  Hope if he does keep playing we see some better performances and maybe he chips in with a few goals. 

8 minutes ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

Got to say I am a little lost on Dunkley. Why did we sign a player with a double break, months off being fit, whose club materially improved when he was out of the side and who is close to 30 and has hardly ever played at Championship level? There was the “he’s a born leader” quotes but I don’t even see that.  Hope if he does keep playing we see some better performances and maybe he chips in with a few goals. 

why? because we are a complete and utter shambles

1 hour ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Thommo's selection and non-selection of these players has been his and our downfall.

A few weeks ago Ozaze had a great game. We played very well with him, Lees and Hutch in a back 3.

The following game he was then dropped for Dunkley who was poor and has been poor since. In this game we played Dunkley Lees and hutch in a back 3. Joey P gives away penalty. Haters waiting for Joey crawled out from under their rocks.

The next game Ozaze was bought back in. Despite playing well and consistently for a number of weeks, it was for Joey P who was hung out to dry after 1 mistake. Hutch was moved into midfield. We have been poor ever since.

Was it correct to drop Joey for a mistake in a game in which everyone was poor, despite playing consistently well and giving his all for a number of weeks?

Dunkley has come off in both previous game, and looked incredibly slow the their goal today. Is he fit?

Very true.

Hutch is much better in C/defence.

Obviously not

• Like 2

Guest wilyfox

Thompson would probably cite fatigue as the reason for his changes, but the team we put out against Wycombe & Stoke probably the best line-up available at the moment. Today’s selection was odd.

59 minutes ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

Cos we had a 12 point deduction and were shopping in the equivalent of the bargain bin at the local off license, rather than the artisanal section of Waitrose

36 minutes ago, the_vinyl_frontier said:

Pelupessy has been good for us this season, he has been unlucky to have been dropped. He has proved a lot of fans, including myself, wrong

He'll still get grief on here. Whilst other players contribute very little but get new contracts and are loved. Go figure.

39 minutes ago, the_vinyl_frontier said:

Pelupessy has been good for us this season, he has been unlucky to have been dropped. He has proved a lot of fans, including myself, wrong

I could count on one hand how many ‘half decent’ games Pulepussy has had for us since he joined...he’s utter biff!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Add rhodes to that list

2 hours ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Punching above his weight, cant blame him cause hes doing his best which aint good enough, DC stand up and be counted.

16 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I’ll be honest and say I think Dunkley has been 💩 so far. I think his passion has people overlooking his ability 

Yep, Dunkley seems to have won some over by saying the right things in interviews and on social media and being shouty on the pitch. The reality is he hasn't played consistently well. He is up there with Lees in terms of not being very good on the ball but is an inferior defender to Lees, Wigan got better results after he got injured last season.  

3 hours ago, Fibonacci91 said:

I want to know what Borner has done wrong, one of our best players last season, now does not play when others, who could not lace his boots do.

There is just so much wrong with the club currently, but until you sort the fool in charge out, nothing will change we will continue to fall further nd further.

2 hours ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

I have been misled by Pulis and supporters saying what a defensive leader this guy is despite my puzzlement at him being signed badly injured. Maybe time to feature Borner, Lees, Hutch and even Shaw at cb