Thompson has had a terrible week

Christ, it’s like we picked a cashier out of sports direct to be our manager 

Being able to make the correct substitutions has nothing to do with how the club is being run 

What shitshow has DC served him which stops him making the correct tactical decisions?

If my companies accounts are late, I don’t forget how to do my job 

I like Thompson, and I still want him for the season, but blaming these past 2 results on anything apart from a lack of effort and bad tactics isn’t correct 

Edited by FreshOwl

I honestly dont really blame NT. Well, not too much. Lets look at who NT is? He is a youth coach. So his job is to educate, nurture, and develop young players, to hopefully become solid professional footballers.

Have some of his team selections, and particularly his substitutions been poor? Yes.

Has he seemingly brought together a bad group of players and motivated them to their best run of the season? Also yes.

But simple facts are, that he shouldnt be in this position he is in. This is the EFL Championship. Not Concorde Park or Hackney Marshes.

GET A FOOTBALL MANAGER IN PLACE

Imagine the phone calls to potential managers now tho

DC “Ey up pal... er you know the managers job I interviewed you for 2 months ago?”

Random manager “errrrr.... yeah”

DC “ well turns out we’re deeper in the sh*t now than we were back then, Plus January’s gone and you can’t sign any players”

”ok”

DC ”Fancy a 3 months contract?”

”P*ss off”

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, steelerian said:

I honestly dont really blame NT. Well, not too much. Lets look at who NT is? He is a youth coach. So his job is to educate, nurture, and develop young players, to hopefully become solid professional footballers.

Have some of his team selections, and particularly his substitutions been poor? Yes.

Has he seemingly brought together a bad group of players and motivated them to their best run of the season? Also yes.

But simple facts are, that he shouldnt be in this position he is in. This is the EFL Championship. Not Concorde Park or Hackney Marshes.

What like Pullis. That went well. If Thompson had been doing job instead of TP we would not be in this position now

1 minute ago, Django said:

Imagine the phone calls to potential managers now tho

DC “Ey up pal... er you know the managers job I interviewed you for 2 months ago?”

Random manager “errrrr.... yeah”

DC “ well turns out we’re deeper in the sh*t now than we were back then, Plus January’s gone and you can’t sign any players”

”ok”

DC ”Fancy a 3 months contract?”

”P*ss off”

I can't even imagine what Chansiri will say if we do go down as to why we have done the manager and January Transfer Window as we have done

UNLESS - and this is the only possible reasonable explanation - there's a takeover happening

Owlstalk Shop

24 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No it doesn’t. 

The blame lies COMPLETELY at the chairman’s door. 

Thompson has had the job thrust on him. He has no experience managing a club before. And people expect him to not make mistakes? 

He shouldn’t be manager in the first place.

THIS !!!!!!!!! we have posters saying we dont need Paul Cook , he aint all that etc.......................but are seemingly happy to have a guy in charge who`s only managerial experience was being player manager of BOSTON.................. NEARLY 20 YEARS AGO.

Cavaet - not Thompsons fault , feel quite sorry for him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

What like Pullis. That went well. If Thompson had been doing job instead of TP we would not be in this position now

no, not like Pulis. in fact, the exact opposite of Pulis. like, ya know, an actual modern day football manager. that would be lovely. thanks.

12 minutes ago, steelerian said:

Absolutely true

39 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Complete shambles today

The blame lies directly at the managers door

Awful team selection, awful tactics and reactive to every situation in the match

Showed today why he isn’t management material and why we need a proper appointment as soon as possible 

No point giving it a proper manager. No bugger any good would take it, be allowed to do the job. 

10 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

THIS !!!!!!!!! we have posters saying we dont need Paul Cook , he aint all that etc.......................but are seemingly happy to have a guy in charge who`s only managerial experience was being player manager of BOSTON.................. NEARLY 20 YEARS AGO.

Cavaet - not Thompsons fault , feel quite sorry for him.

Not his fault to be trying to manfully do the job but the Stoke match showed terrible substitutions which cost us the match. That delightful cross from Clarke ( good young loan player of course) would have been nodded away after a leap by Dunkley...there were three Stoke attackers under that cross challenged only by Paterson. And as for Pelupessy being brought on to replace Hutch in midfield...H tis a youth coach who can handle the players interpersonally but a manager is needed ..and Cook was interested

1 minute ago, victorturner said:

Absolutely true

We loe 1 in last 5 home games with this team and its Thompson who does not know tactics and cant make subs. Last 2 managers could not get 5 wins from this team in a season. Virtually every player was bad today. Then we down to 10. Yet its Thompson who getting blame. Good job Pelupessy not playing as he would have been toast on here. Why cant we say, you know what 9 players didnt show up at all today at least. They deserve a slating. Not the manager who has worked miracles so far. If the fan base will never part any blame on the players the managers will keep coming and going and we will get nowhere

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The way I see it is this. I find it very very difficult to be critical of a man who’s been asked to keep this squad in the league. A man with no experience as a manager and a man who saw absolutely no reinforcements in January to help him out.

His decisions and his tactics go out the window for me. 

Chansiri has served him an absolute poo sandwich. 

spot on. when are the fans going to stop blaming managers for crap players

48 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I would agree if he asked for the job and is employed as manager.

He’s not asked for the job. It’s been thrusted on him at one of the most precarious points in our history. 

No blame for me. 

How do you know he hasnt asked for the job?   Chansiri might have given it Bullen !!