Style of play

Embarrassing.

Absolutely nothing has changed in the last 18 months. Pump it long down the pitch and pray for the big man to flick it on. Rinse and repeat.

I have never seen a Wednesday team in my lifetime be this allergic to trying to play football. Blame whoever you want but something has to change, terrible to watch, terrible to play and delivers terrible results. 

Thompson is out of his depth, why he thinks we can play hooofball I don't know!

Why can't we get a manager than will try to get us playing football and coach us to play a decent style of football!

And if the players can't do at least get them to try!

Almost every players instinct is to pass it backwards or hoof it long. No one shows for the ball (or when they do they’re ignored. Penney made good runs 2-3 times in first half to be ignored in favour for a pass back to Lees or Dunkley). Few players seem to want it, few players seem to want to take a touch or look for a pass. 

Bannan has reverted to just going for killer pass or back pass. He’s like a boxer that wants to hit knockout blow without wanting to jab.

Annoyingly they looked like they could play football earlier in the season. It shocked me, but now nothing. And worse still we’re trying to rebuild to that strategy. Joy!! Another two years of Bannans floaty long balls or passes back to CB/keeper to look forward to. 

• Like 3