We’re In A False Position

3 hours ago, BIG D said:

Yeah I know that but squad ability-wise we are in a false position. 

Sorry mate, but season after season I have been hearing about how this squad should be consistently pushing for promotion. That theory tends to revolve around the theory that the core senior squad (Bannan, Lees, Hutch, Westwood... and previously FF) are just too good not to be.  The 2 seasons under Carlos, were good achievements, but warped a lot of people's assessment of how god those players actually are/were. 

If any of the recent teams had been good enough, they'd have been at the right end of the table consistently, rather than constantly looking over our shoulders.

4 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

No..we are in the position we should be.  ( sadly )

This is a football club. Off field also affects on field and vice versa

If we hadn't got a useless Chairman and his useless sidekick
We wouldn't have been deducted points.

I completely agree. We have the squad we have (albeit a sh*t one) because we broke the rules which enabled us to buy a squad over our means. The clubs that didn’t break the rules didn’t get this advantage.

You can’t claim we’re in a false position. We are where we deserve to be

5 hours ago, BIG D said:

You hear this a lot in football but we actually are. Our true position would be sat in 18th on 34 points. Looking at the teams who would be below us it looks about right.
Forest

Huddersfield

Coventry

Rotherham

Birmingham

Wycombe

The tricky bit will be proving it on the pitch and picking up the points. I’m confident we’ll stay up though. 

How do you figure that?..

5 hours ago, BIG D said:

You hear this a lot in football but we actually are. Our true position would be sat in 18th on 34 points. Looking at the teams who would be below us it looks about right.
Forest

Huddersfield

Coventry

Rotherham

Birmingham

Wycombe

The tricky bit will be proving it on the pitch and picking up the points. I’m confident we’ll stay up though. 

We've lost to all the listed teams....open your eyes..were awful..

3 hours ago, BIG D said:

I’ll be busy watching Ant & Dec

lol

I'll be busy pretending I support Everton or Liverpool!!!

I wonder if anyone has successful switched teams. I've tried so many times. My dad has a lot to answer for leading me down this path!!

6 hours ago, BIG D said:

Forest

Huddersfield

Coventry

Rotherham

Birmingham

Wycombe

If we end up the points per game we’ve earned so far we’ll win 52 points minus 6 leaving us on 46. That’s the same as Rotherham and Birmingham are on schedule to get. We are in an incredibly precarious position. It’s like when we went down under BFR and Irvine - the terrible start we had meant there was very little room for another cataclysmic run of results. I reckon given the lack of goals in the team it’s about 60:40 we’re going down. 

Just now, rickygoo said:

If we end up the points per game we’ve earned so far we’ll win 52 points minus 6 leaving us on 46. That’s the same as Rotherham and Birmingham are on schedule to get. We are in an incredibly precarious position. It’s like when we went down under BFR and Irvine - the terrible start we had meant there was very little room for another cataclysmic run of results. I reckon given the lack of goals in the team it’s about 60:40 we’re going down. 

You’re probably right.

I’ve spent the afternoon watching Sky, seeing goals going in every few minutes.

Our only chance of a goal are either a worldie from Reach (unlikely) a scramble or Rhodes getting on the end of a cross.

As poor as they’ve been I’d play Reach and Rhodes every game possible and hope that Reach lands one on Rhodes’s head. 

The players deserved to start the season on 0 points. 

It’s like some form of self hate to deny that... which mainly stems from us also being a bit poo at football.  

Chansiri left them with a mountain to climb. (Reduced to half a mountain). 

I’m surprised we’re not rock bottom. 

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

100% confident now of staying up

It really is in our hands 

I want us to keep playing two wingers making relentless crosses into a front two

If we do that we'll be totally fine and break free

If we try to overcomplicate it or have Reach and Harris defending deep in our half all game we will struggle

Today will be a good indication of what to expect for the rest of the season

That went well.