We’re In A False Position

49 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Yeah I know that but squad ability-wise we are in a false position. 

Make your own luck. Bottled midweek-point lost thru a lack of endeavour and concentration. Bottled Millwall from cruising in winning position. Players need to look at themselves. That would have been 4 points or most of the deduction deficit. No excuses today. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, quinnssweetshop said:

No..we are in the position we should be.  ( sadly )

This is a football club. Off field also affects on field and vice versa

If we hadn't got a useless Chairman and his useless sidekick
We wouldn't have been deducted points.

No, not really. The six point deduction should be spread over the season and not fully deducted at this stage. Bad for morale in my opinion.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

100% confident now of staying up

It really is in our hands 

I want us to keep playing two wingers making relentless crosses into a front two

If we do that we'll be totally fine and break free

If we try to overcomplicate it or have Reach and Harris defending deep in our half all game we will struggle

Today will be a good indication of what to expect for the rest of the season

Absolutely.

Our best team, all played in their obvious roles, with 2 up top, will be too strong for enough teams

If we overthink it however...

45 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Make your own luck. Bottled midweek-point lost thru a lack of endeavour and concentration. Bottled Millwall from cruising in winning position. Players need to look at themselves. That would have been 4 points or most of the deduction deficit. No excuses today. 

Didn't bottle Preston, Bournemouth or Wycombe. Keep that ratio up and we stay up easily.

Works both ways.

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Consensus?

On Owlstalk!?

332013376_Laugh2.gif.afaedb621ab0b1d1085f671e1ca0637c.gif

I'm using consensus liberally like they do with those womens cosmetics adverts

90%* of people surveyed said Lauren Garnier pubic wig shampoo left their lady gardens soft and lustrous with no signs of teeth

*7 people surveyed

• Haha 2

People can show all the different stats tables they want, the only one we should give a fizz about is the league standing 

And whether you want to admit it or not, that has us in a false position 

The off the field troubles hasn’t got anything to do with the players on the pitch

Edited by FreshOwl

At the start of the season I factored in the average goals per player and came up with a seasons end goal tally of just under 40 goals, so i knew we would REALLY struggle this season or our defence would have to be absolutely water tight and play dire football to eek out 40 1-0 wins.At least one of those is spot on.

So Im not suprised in the slightest by our position and if we keep more or less the same players for the coming league one season, 40 goals will spell trouble down there as well!

• Love 1

2 hours ago, BIG D said:

You hear this a lot in football but we actually are. Our true position would be sat in 18th on 34 points. Looking at the teams who would be below us it looks about right.
Forest

Huddersfield

Coventry

Rotherham

Birmingham

Wycombe

The tricky bit will be proving it on the pitch and picking up the points. I’m confident we’ll stay up though. 

Damn your theories🤣🤣

2 hours ago, BIG D said:

You hear this a lot in football but we actually are. Our true position would be sat in 18th on 34 points. Looking at the teams who would be below us it looks about right.
Forest

Huddersfield

Coventry

Rotherham

Birmingham

Wycombe

The tricky bit will be proving it on the pitch and picking up the points. I’m confident we’ll stay up though. 

Oh mate, you're setting yourself up if we don't be brum today lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

At the start of the season I factored in the average goals per player and came up with a seasons end goal tally of just under 40 goals, so i knew we would REALLY struggle this season or our defence would have to be absolutely water tight and play dire football to eek out 40 1-0 wins.At least one of those is spot on.

So Im not suprised in the slightest by our position and if we keep more or less the same players for the coming league one season, 40 goals will spell trouble down there as well!

Spot on After failing to recruit some proper forward options last summer, we were always going to be up against it. Despite some encouragement with the reduction of the points penalty, it was clear that the January window was crucial to our chances of avoiding the drop. The total ineptitude of the recruitment team, failing to remedy the problem yet again, means we will have all on to avoid the drop

Edited by gurujuan

45 minutes ago, Dunkstar said:

Didn't bottle Preston, Bournemouth or Wycombe. Keep that ratio up and we stay up easily.

Works both ways.

Key thing with those games is we applied ourselves better and appeared to have a good work rate.

Anyway, here’s to raising a glass at 1700 following a win today!

Spoiler

26F4CD29-F741-4B09-8970-0459B4E3697F.jpeg

5 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Key thing with those games is we applied ourselves better and appeared to have a good work rate.

Anyway, here’s to raising a glass at 1700 following a win today!

Reveal hidden contents

26F4CD29-F741-4B09-8970-0459B4E3697F.jpeg

Wondered what that was she had in her hand, until I spotted the glass 😁

• Haha 1

I still think it will be really tight. Last 10 games have been great for form, but we only need a run of 5/6 games where we struggle (not even fail to win all, just only win one or two) and we could easily start looking a wee bit cut adrift. I agree that our squad is genuinely not one that you would expect to get relegated if we remove that 6pt deduction, but the mental aspect of overcoming is such a slump would be huge.

I still think avoiding relegation would be a momentous achievement... moreso with the state we were in under both 'proper' managers we've had this season. It'll be close.