Wednesday - V - Birmingham OMDT

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He does, but he's operating with no target man to work off.

We went into the season needing a reliable target man for the others to play off; we went into the January transfer window needing a reliable target man for the others to play off; and we'll end the season needing a reliable target man for the others to play off.

Instead, we just shuffle the pack every few weeks and hope for the best without having the vital component needed to get the best out of all our other attacking players.

None of them look like forming a partnership, so we just have to hope for a moment of individualism / luck from one of them.

He doesn't need a target man, he needs movement and support.

More movement from the striker and more support from midfield. Bannan and Shaw playing too deep!

We can play off Widnass by playing the ball to his feet, we don't need a 'Target Man' because the defence haven't got the accuracy to play long balls up the them!

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Might listen to their alternative commentary for the second half. 

Got to be better than John Pearson and the bloke who sounds like a 15 year old trapped in a 40 year old's body. 

I quite often do that as I find them very biased, especially to their favourites and quite often way off what actually happened. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Might listen to their alternative commentary for the second half. 

Got to be better than John Pearson and the bloke who sounds like a 15 year old trapped in a 40 year old's body. 

Perry Groves will not be any better! 

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’ve been in denial about this but in my almost 20 years following Wednesday, this is the worst team I’ve ever had the misfortune to watch.

And yes worse than the Irvine and Turner teams in League One. There’s not one exciting player on the pitch. All just dull.

Quality wise its definitely up there

Even the really poor sides in 2001-04 and 2009-11 had a few players who could produce a bit of magic and swing a game, this team literally has to grind out every single point 

Edited by Django
  • Like 1

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

Might have to get Rhodes on and do a bit of 18 yard area pinball.

Might be the best chance!

Couple of chances in first half that Rhodes might have scored from. Not the best thing when one of your strikers is taking the throw ins.