Fisayo Dele-Bashiru

54 minutes ago, timrud said:

Exciting times in the youth team - quality play there.

Real positive

Hope you’re right, however we’ve said the same old thing year after year with the likes of  hirst, borukov etc... 

Other than liam shaw (who IMO the jury is still out on btw because he’s not even been in the first team for 1 full season) our academy has produced nothing of any quality in 10 years. And by real quality i mean someone who is capable of holding a first team spot week after week.

Feel free to call me negative it’s been a bad week... Or 4 years as a Wednesday fan 

:duntmatter:

• Thanks 1

Looks too good for development squad level, but not ready for the first team.

Should have gone out on loan to league 1 or 2 but so should hunt, waldock, Brennan, Render. Instead they will stay in the development squad, not be allowed to develop and ultimately we will release them.

• Like 1

Had high hopes for him and Adodoyin but it's not worked out so far. FDB needs to be playing regularly and should have gone on loan rather than being on our bench but never getting on the pitch. Adodoyin seems to have got tge Wednesday injury curse. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Hope you’re right, however we’ve said the same old thing year after year with the likes of  hirst, borukov etc... 

Other than liam shaw (who IMO the jury is still out on btw because he’s not even been in the first team for 1 full season) our academy has produced nothing of any quality in 10 years. And by real quality i mean someone who is capable of holding a first team spot week after week.

Feel free to call me negative it’s been a bad week... Or 4 years as a Wednesday fan 

:duntmatter:

Did wildsmith and Dawson not come through the youth set up and Palmer before them. Palmer made over 200+ appearance for the first team.

Proper development of these players would save the club a fortune in transfer fees and over inflated salaries but we just don't seem to factor that in.