Fans back in the grounds next season?

If they don’t allow ‘customers’ back in it will be the end of a good many clubs whose bank roll is finite. I’m sure there will be restricted crowds of some kind next season, but it will be a very different atmosphere/experience from normal. 
Hillsborough will be very different...with folks being hijacked off the street and forced to accept £20 notes to go and suffer the dross on display.

19 minutes ago, sternlad said:

If they don’t allow ‘customers’ back in it will be the end of a good many clubs whose bank roll is finite. I’m sure there will be restricted crowds of some kind next season, but it will be a very different atmosphere/experience from normal. 
Hillsborough will be very different...with folks being hijacked off the street and forced to accept £20 notes to go and suffer the dross on display.

what i cant get my head around is clubs like forest what must have a wage bill well over 40 million with no income apart from 7 million sky money and owners paying the excess in lack of funds , and more so in lower leagues i just cant see how its possible for most to carry on without letting supporters back in .

6 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Unless the government, EFL or EPL comes up with a considerable amount of funding (highly unlikely) I don't see how EFL clubs including the Championship can operate without crowd income next season. 

I would really be against the Government providing any funding to allow football clubs to carry on paying £20k pw wages to players.
I really don't understand why players cant be asked to take 20% cut before trying to get loans in for EFL or EPL.

• Like 3

Guest Therealrealist
35 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

A strange one.

The players seem to be struggling on the road without our tremendous away following roaring them on.  

Meanwhile at home...the hoodoo has been put to bed without the supporters in there...

Tbf our away numbers have been good but the atmos has been poo for a while

18 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I would really be against the Government providing any funding to allow football clubs to carry on paying £20k pw wages to players.
I really don't understand why players cant be asked to take 20% cut before trying to get loans in for EFL or EPL.

Absolutely.

Not EFL related I know but it really got my goat last summer when an EPL spokesman pleaded for government assistance, quoting how much Premier clubs had lost during the pandemic, then lo & behold Premier clubs went on to exceed the claimed amount in transfer fees within a short space of time.

35 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

The players can be asked to take a cut, I'm sure it was reported some clubs have asked players to do this.

Due to contracts clubs can't impose a cut unless the players agree and presumably sign a new contract to that effect. 

19 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Premier League are hoping to get some fans back in grounds this season

Personally im not a fan of getting peoples hopes up about things at all. I think it raises expectations at a time when mad viruses are still able to increase and spread all over the shop

But to me it seems realistic to maybe start to think that quite possibly there is an outside chance now of getting fans into grounds again next season 

What’s your thoughts?

Did we get promoted? Ffs must have missed that

8 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I think a target to have fans back in reasonable numbers for the start of next season is reasonable.

Sounds about right.

The real question imo is after over a year of getting used to football on demand on tv, tablets etc how many people are really going to want to pay £30 plus to travel to a cold stadium sit on a  plastic seat and watch poor quality 2nd division football. The hard core 10k will be there but what about the rest it just seems to me to be a very old fashioned thing to do. I will always be there about half a dozen times a season but then again I am nearer to 70 than 40.

Just like barbers and pubs ' the cat is out of the bag' , there are alternatives that are yes different but are cheaper, more convenient and in lots of ways better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Tbf our away numbers have been good but the atmos has been poo for a while

you wonder why? i was at brentford last away game all loud as players come out and then 90 mins of pathetic poo happened and supporters either left or shouted abuse . we all go for a day out and upto then we did have a really good away days before that. 

1 hour ago, Geedee said:

Sounds about right.

The real question imo is after over a year of getting used to football on demand on tv, tablets etc how many people are really going to want to pay £30 plus to travel to a cold stadium sit on a  plastic seat and watch poor quality 2nd division football. The hard core 10k will be there but what about the rest it just seems to me to be a very old fashioned thing to do. I will always be there about half a dozen times a season but then again I am nearer to 70 than 40.

Just like barbers and pubs ' the cat is out of the bag' , there are alternatives that are yes different but are cheaper, more convenient and in lots of ways better.

i take it your wife cuts your hair lol 

Guest Therealrealist
18 minutes ago, morganowl said:

i take it your wife cuts your hair lol 

Must admit ah lass does my barnet now..i wont be goin to the barbers anymorelol

3 hours ago, mogbad said:

Unless the government, EFL or EPL comes up with a considerable amount of funding (highly unlikely) I don't see how EFL clubs including the Championship can operate without crowd income next season. 

I agree, I'm very surprised one or two league clubs haven't folded already, I can't see next season being completed if fans can't return, probably be no point starting season.

National Leagues South and North have  already cancelled remainder of this season furloughing all players and staff but with furlough expected to end at the end of April I can't see how these clubs can survive during summer without being able to put season tickets on sale for next season, for these to sell fans need to be confident that they can return in August. 

It's all a bloody nightmare. 😟

• Like 3