Fans back in the grounds next season?

27 minutes ago, Womble Owl said:

If going back to games means sitting 2m apart and wearing a mask, then I'm not bothered, it'll just ruin what going to games is about for me and I'd rather wait 

My mate is a Palace fan and season ticket holder, he got the invite to go to one of their games before the Xmas lockdown happened.

He said it was poo for the reasons you mention, had to sit on his own 2m away from his mates and it just took everything away from the experience and he wouldn't do it again if asked until it's allowed back proper

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, LoadABallacks said:

I can’t for the life of me understand why fans wouldn’t be back next season if the aim is to have everyone vaccinated, or at least been offered it. 

we can’t go on like this from an economic point of view, nor can we go on seemingly trying lo live risk free. 

It's less about trying to live risk-free, and more about trying to keep the spread of the virus low enough so that the NHS is able to function at something approaching normal levels, rather than having to throw the majority of its resources into continually fire-fighting covid.

There's also a fair amount of uncertainty around how effective the vaccines will be against new strains of the virus, with a study last week suggesting the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine offers only 10% protection against the South African variant.

If waiting a bit longer before allowing tens of thousands of fans to pack into grounds up and down the country twice a week helps to keep things under control, then so be it.

• Like 2

Guest mrbluesky

PLEASE GOD, NO!!!! Imagine feyting and farting on`t Kop, North Stand would be a free for all, and i dread to think what the South Standers would be up to!!! VERY NAWWWWTY!!!

Nah, no fans back until it's 'normal' again.

Same with any event and huge crowds for me.

I think most fans idea of going to football is not going straight there and back, and sitting in a 2 thirds empty stadium on your own with a mask on. Anyone that wants to do that is surely playing the TrueFan card.

When as many people have had the vaccine as want it, and it's proved to be working, that is when we can go back to things like sporting events, gigs , festivals etc. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's less about trying to live risk-free, and more about trying to keep the spread of the virus low enough so that the NHS is able to function at something approaching normal levels, rather than having to throw the majority of its resources into continually fire-fighting covid.

There's also a fair amount of uncertainty around how effective the vaccines will be against new strains of the virus, with a study last week suggesting the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine offers only 10% protection against the South African variant.

If waiting a bit longer before allowing tens of thousands of fans to pack into grounds up and down the country twice a week helps to keep things under control, then so be it.

On that basis Meadowhall shouldn’t reopen then 

• Like 2

If you have been vaccinated then no reason not too.

All staff vaccinated. Players. 

Safe as it’s going to get. Let’s get back to normal ASAP.

All depends on the vaccine tho, we’re doing well with it... let’s continue ramp it up and get as many done as possible then look at coming out of lockdown and getting back to normal, and by normal I mean no social distancing no masks no pub closers. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I can see it being that some fans are allowed back next season, I don't think we'll be seeing 60/70 thousand at Old Trafford or anything. Happy to be proved wrong and hope I am, just think you've got to get the numbers of people vaccinated and see the data from that before you can have thousands packed together at sport/gigs/festivals.

Considering the vaccination programme and what we know about outdoor events being relatively safe, particularly in summer months, a reasonable chance that we could have some limited number of fans in at the start of next season. 

That would be great, football is a strange thing without fans. I won't be going and giving money to Chansiri to waste on his hobby, but good to have some atmosphere in grounds.

48 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

On that basis Meadowhall shouldn’t reopen then 

Of course it shouldn't. Certainly not as normal, anyway. And to be honest, some of the images of people milling around or queuing in close proximity to each other probably mean shopping centres shouldn't reopen without additional measure in place, either. 

With football, there'll need to be consideration given to the fact that shouting and chanting spreads the virus more than normal talking volumes, of course. How they'll police that in the concourses, I have no idea.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Womble Owl said:

If going back to games means sitting 2m apart and wearing a mask, then I'm not bothered, it'll just ruin what going to games is about for me and I'd rather wait 

im same what would be the point , im not sitting 2 metres apart masked up etc when the vast majority of people will be vaccinated by mid summer , you simply cant close life down indefinitely, going to be very interesting how things pan out as many businesses and peoples lives are hanging on by a thread ,the debts will be mind blowing. id like to think we will be back in august but im very sceptical on the situation , i still cant believe they had travel experts on yesterday suggesting we will all be flying this summer abroad that simply will not happen ,we will be in grounds months before we can fly again in mass numbers and even then under massive restrictions.  i wish i went on a holiday bender now before all this happened , but hind sight is another thing. 

5 hours ago, striker said:

Considering the vaccination programme and what we know about outdoor events being relatively safe, particularly in summer months, a reasonable chance that we could have some limited number of fans in at the start of next season. 

That would be great, football is a strange thing without fans. I won't be going and giving money to Chansiri to waste on his hobby, but good to have some atmosphere in grounds.

if only a limited amount would be allowed in next season considering everyone will have had the vaccine by end july then at exactly what point would supporters be allowed in without restrictions and in normal numbers then again? the virus aint a tap what suddenly switches off its here maybe for the rest of our lives . i think a regular vaccination program like flu in autumn will happen every year but include probably everyone over 50/60 and others on the list what are deemed at risk.  if this dont happen ie normal numbers etc then you might as well close all sports down and pop concerts and everything associated with gatherings for events etc. that will put millions out of work ,and this furlough business surely will end this summer at the latest whats keeping the whole lot from folding now. 

1 minute ago, morganowl said:

if only a limited amount would be allowed in next season considering everyone will have had the vaccine by end july then at exactly what point would supporters be allowed in without restrictions and in normal numbers then again? the virus aint a tap what suddenly switches off its here maybe for the rest of our lives . i think a regular vaccination program like flu in autumn will happen every year but include probably everyone over 50/60 and others on the list what are deemed at risk.  if this dont happen ie normal numbers etc then you might as well close all sports down and pop concerts and everything associated with gatherings for events etc. that will put millions out of work ,and this furlough business surely will end this summer at the latest whats keeping the whole lot from folding now. 

Dont ask me mate, ask Boris! lol

Having said that, social distancing sounds like it will be with us for a while, which will impact capacity of stadiums to some extent. Shouldht affect us, we can easily spread out the 8-10k who will want to attend and pay Chansiri's prices.