Fans back in the grounds next season?

Premier League are hoping to get some fans back in grounds this season

Personally im not a fan of getting peoples hopes up about things at all. I think it raises expectations at a time when mad viruses are still able to increase and spread all over the shop

But to me it seems realistic to maybe start to think that quite possibly there is an outside chance now of getting fans into grounds again next season 

What’s your thoughts?

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

The economy as a whole will have to return to something more like normality by the end of the current calendar year.  Otherwise the financial and employment implications are just too horrendous to consider.  With that in mind at least something like half capacity stadiums will have to be considered.  With most people vaccinated by then, it should be a realistic possibility.

• Like 7

Think most people know things can quickly change.

But its 6 months until next football season starts so I dont see a problem of giving people a bit of hope things might be getting back to normal by then.

Days are longer enough as it is during lockdown to say no hope of crowds at sports events not possible until 2022.

we will find out at the start of April from UK and other host countries of the Euro 2020 tournament on their plans for having fans in the stadiums for that tournament so it will give some ideas of what we can expect from the football league as well. 

It would be foolish to rush things. We still don't know exactly how effective, or more likely how ineffective,  the Astra Zeneca vaccine is with the variations. It is the virus that is in charge of the schedule at the moment and for the foreseeable. The economy can get moving to a reasonable extent if the vaccines are effective without taking further risks by herding people together.

I'm used to watching on iFollow now anyway and don't want to lose it. As much as I hate dangerous misinformation I'm going to be an immunity denier if we get to that stage just so I dont have to resort to moving to the USA to watch us when we aren't on the red button..  lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kevan said:

The economy as a whole will have to return to something more like normality by the end of the current calendar year.  Otherwise the financial and employment implications are just too horrendous to consider.  With that in mind at least something like half capacity stadiums will have to be considered.  With most people vaccinated by then, it should be a realistic possibility.

This

I don’t think away support is going to be allowed this calendar year so 15,000 to 16,000 spread throughout Hillsborough is maybe feasible. After the season we’ve had, poor football, DC’s mismanagement, the season ticket refund debacle, fans getting used to not going etc, I don’t think we’ll get many more than 16,000 fans wanting to go.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Season ends early May doesn’t it? Can’t see us in the stadium that soon. 
If there are fans it will be a very small number, pretty much a token amount I think. 

I think it was one of the last games before lockdown on Sky at Fulham with token amount of fans present. Fans behind the goal in one shot were all standing together with absolutely no pretense at social distancing. Having seen it I couldn't believe it and was waiting for the cameras to go back onto it but they never did. I wonder if they were under instructions not to show dodgy crowd scenes. I would rather they did show it, comment on it and keep going back to it. Surely if crowds are let in, any time soon,  the cameras should be used as a proper incentive to ensure distancing.