Next big academy star

9 minutes ago, morganowl said:

dont know what happened with grant i heard such good things about him he gone too , might as well close the u23s down whats the point

Still can't believe official statement from the club: We wanted to send Grant on loan to Rochdale, but they wanted to sign him on permanent deal so we said ok?! 

• Like 2

Guest Smackavolley
16 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Maybe Adedoyin if he stays fit and gets a runout in the first-team at some point. Started well in the u23s before injury.

They took a long look at him. I think he did well on trial but only scored 1 goal in the league. Supposed to have a lot of ability. Waldock's a lovely player. Hunt needs to come clean and say he's only 13yo really. If he can find something physically he'll be a proper player but it looks to be holding him back. I liked the look of Grant but it seems he couldn't wait to get away.

Thompson and Reaney seem to be getting a run in the U23's.  Hagan and Dawado seem to have been unlucky with injuries the last 18 months. Galvin seems to be doing OK. He hasn't let anyone down when he's played.

2 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

In recent years we’ve had Hirst and now Shaw that have been highly rated and moved on for next to nothing. 

We’ve just let Grant go who was highly rated at one time, and Penney and Urhoghide could be set to leave for free at the end of the season. 

But have we got anymore in the academy that people think could step up in the next season or two? 

So highly rated that they have one senior goal between the pair of them ! Shaw will outshine Hirst but there are no promises ! 

1 hour ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

So highly rated that they have one senior goal between the pair of them ! Shaw will outshine Hirst but there are no promises ! 

Yes highly rated. That doesn’t mean the finished article or guaranteed success. 

4 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

In recent years we’ve had Hirst and now Shaw that have been highly rated and moved on for next to nothing. 

We’ve just let Grant go who was highly rated at one time, and Penney and Urhoghide could be set to leave for free at the end of the season. 

But have we got anymore in the academy that people think could step up in the next season or two? 

Ask Celtic.

2 hours ago, malek said:

Still can't believe official statement from the club: We wanted to send Grant on loan to Rochdale, but they wanted to sign him on permanent deal so we said ok?! 

I might be wrong here, knowing our leader I probably am, but listening to NT we have put in some extra's in the deal.

Maybe 25% of any transfer etc.

6 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

I might be wrong here, knowing our leader I probably am, but listening to NT we have put in some extra's in the deal.

Maybe 25% of any transfer etc.

Could be. Thompson was bit cryptic describing the deal and saying that we will watch how he develops. I don’t think so, but perhaps we included first refusal clause or Agreed buy back price or as you said will get % of any future transfer fee.?! 

6 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

What's the point we don't value youth why waste out time developing any. DC continues to show older players every time. It probably the reason we will have finance issues every season.

• Like 1