Tony Pulis on Liam Shaw

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

What cut do agents get from loyalty bonuses etc if a players stays at a club?

Also - Celtic aren't paying any transfer fee

They'll get Liam Shaw (a player who's a first choice starting 11 championship midfielder) for 300k compensation

What would the agent make out of that?

No idea at all, but they're not in it for fun.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

They'll get Liam Shaw (a player who's a first choice starting 11 championship midfielder) for 300k compensation

A cut of his big increase in wages & signing on fee, 19year old lad with loads of potential & a cut of bigger things to come if he maintains his potential. 

Agent looking to the future I would think.

25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Cameron Dawson was approached by Celtic a year or so ago

Dawson was our number one choice goalkeeper at the time

He could have took the offer up and gone to Celtic easily

Instead he signed a new contract with Chansiri

Chansiri then fired the managers and Dawson is now third choice, stuck in a dead end job in a dead end situation

And Liam Shaw will have seen all that unfold first hand

Dawson's 25 now and would be subject to other offers all the time, based on his form and contract position - like all players at all clubs.

The fact that he's know 3rd choice @ SWFC is down to his form, and our no1 keeper Westwood, coming back into the team, which has coincided with the team's up turn in form.

I imagine the contract offer last year was comparable with Celtic, or if not offer factors came into Dawson's decision to sign.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Celtic will have to pay the agents fees for a start and I presume the agent will get a cut of Shaws signing on fee as well 

9 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Maybe they were getting paid fully and and time too when Dawson signed his new deal.

If you're suggesting Shaw has included the late monthly wage payments as a factor to sign for Celtic - who knows?

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

"Liam is a terrific signing for Celtic and Lenny’s (Neil Lennon) done a good job in finding him and taking him to Scotland because lots of people were ringing me up and asking about him. 

“I had a Premier League club ring me up to ask about him and I gave them the same answer as I gave everyone else – that he’s a very good player with tremendous potential – so I’d definitely say they’ve pulled off a good signing.

Yet not one pl club thought it was worth the risk of the compo😂..its clear that old man pulisaurus brought to the club got him to celtic...lennon will have never seen him...lennon will be off soon..why would he be thinking of sogning development players??

1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

Yet not one pl club thought it was worth the risk of the compo😂..its clear that old man pulisaurus brought to the club got him to celtic...lennon will have never seen him...lennon will be off soon..why would he be thinking of sogning development players??

You're posting laughing smilies

And our best prospect has just left for next to nowt

Okayyyyyy then

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Therealrealist
5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You're posting laughing smilies

And our best prospect has just left for next to nowt

Okayyyyyy then

300k innit? Not bad if you ask me..i thought alex hunt was our 'best prospect'..or was that last month??

Guest Therealrealist
9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Keep gloating

Our players keep leaving

Keep gloating though

Gloating?? What are u talkin about? Im just showing as much concern as i did when that other boyhood lifelong super duper wednesday fan left...i wer right not to join the meltdown then..and im sure i will be right to not join this meltdown...thats all

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

I would love to play for Celtic.

Glasgow is a fantastic city, Scotland is probably the most beautiful country in the whole world, you get to play in Europe every season, and play in front of massive crowds at a fantastic stadium.

Yeah. If I were Liam Shaw I’d be feeling very happy right now.

I do feel that being a boyhood Wednesday fan he would love nothing more than to help us escape relegation before he leaves though.

• Like 1