Tony Pulis on Liam Shaw

Just now, TaxiMark said:

Regardless of Scotland, Celtic or Rangers are huge clubs pal...it might be the Scottish league but as a youngster it's a wonderful move for him.

Another chance to shine and he could end up in the PL with Man City, Liverpool etc.

Definitely. But the Premier League would have been better. 

Guest hirstysfags
9 minutes ago, Arootatat said:

What a great man pulis is ?

Crap manager for us and then stripping us of our assets if paxo was the man who touted for him get rid as what good advice to sign pulis.

Makes my ******** boil the whole situation 

What???

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

So we all agree the Scottish league is a better move than the Premier League. Ok

Looks as if Uniteds young’uns missed a trick. 

lol

He’s only 19!

Harry Maguire left Sheff Utd for Hull before captaining Manchester United and playing for England.

There’s plenty of time for him.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Cameron Dawson was approached by Celtic a year or so ago

Dawson was our number one choice goalkeeper at the time

He could have took the offer up and gone to Celtic easily

Instead he signed a new contract with Chansiri

Chansiri then fired the managers and Dawson is now third choice, stuck in a dead end job in a dead end situation

And Liam Shaw will have seen all that unfold first hand

Agreed. I know there are a couple of threads on the go on this and as I put in the other thread I’m sure his decision is not just financial but based on Celtic’s roadmap for his development. We can’t offer that kind of certainty based on our (shambolic) management. 

• Like 2

Guest LondonOwl313
9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Cameron Dawson was approached by Celtic a year or so ago

Dawson was our number one choice goalkeeper at the time

He could have took the offer up and gone to Celtic easily

Instead he signed a new contract with Chansiri

Chansiri then fired the managers and Dawson is now third choice, stuck in a dead end job in a dead end situation

And Liam Shaw will have seen all that unfold first hand

Wish he’d have gone instead. I’ve no idea how much we offered Shaw to stay but I’d imagine at Celtic he won’t be on any more than the likes of Dawson and Pelupessy are here. 

Guest LondonOwl313
Just now, @owlstalk said:

Imagine how Cameron Dawson must feel?

Well we don’t know that he’s definitely number 3 and not number 2 because he’s been injured. The only thing that’s really changed for him is Westwood is back involved and he’s 36 and out of contract soon

So next season he probably gets another chance given he’s on a long contract. I doubt he feels too bad about it because he signed a contract as number 1 at the time so he’s overpaid relative to his worth to us

To be fair to him he knows this.. when they released that video of the players calling fans up he said something like ‘oh you got to see some of the good players then and not us lot’. He was kind of joking but was being honest too.. he’s not stupid 

6 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

To be fair.

DC deserved everything he got with this situation after going scorched earth when he sacked TP. 

TP played the long game and fizzed DC harder than DC could have ever fizzed TP

Yes Pulis knows football inside and out and can’t help but feel that he’s had the last laugh here. 

Maybe don’t fall out with your managers a month into their employment and then publicly hammer them in front of the world.  

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

"Liam is a terrific signing for Celtic and Lenny’s (Neil Lennon) done a good job in finding him and taking him to Scotland because lots of people were ringing me up and asking about him. 

“I had a Premier League club ring me up to ask about him and I gave them the same answer as I gave everyone else – that he’s a very good player with tremendous potential – so I’d definitely say they’ve pulled off a good signing.

Also went on to say that if he'd have stayed then Liam would have had a pivotal role to play in the heart of his back 8.... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, OhForAnotherShez said:

I just fear that IF all things were equal between us and celtic that the agent would have pushed him up north.

I just feel agants just look for moves to get a better cut themselves.

(and i did say IF)

What cut do agents get from loyalty bonuses etc if a players stays at a club?

Also - Celtic aren't paying any transfer fee

They'll get Liam Shaw (a player who's a first choice starting 11 championship midfielder) for 300k compensation

What would the agent make out of that?

Owlstalk Shop