Just on the off chance you're reading this Liam, Good Luck@ Celtic, it's a wise move, ignore the haters if there are any, you're better off out of this clusterf00k of a club !

3 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

a bigger club that also happens to pay their players on time

With the help of the government.

If Chansiri would have stooped this low, perhaps the first team squad might have been paid on time.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/talksport.com/football/817350/celtic-furlough-under-18s-parkhead-mistake-dubai/amp/

3 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Respect to Shaw? No. 

Anger at Shaw? Also no. 

Anger and frustration at those who allowed this to happen? Absolutely. 

Liam Shaw and co also allowed this to happen. No one kicked him out

9 hours ago, anne said:

Who wouldn't professionally move away for  more money and a better career.Good luck to the lad playing European football and playing in front of massive crowds.

Heartbreaking he has left wednesday but highlights what a complete shambles we are at the moment

if he stayed and believed in his ability he would get a big money move in next year or 2 earning club good money and himself too., he says he is a big weds supporter but he has jumped out of the club pretty quickly , how will liam shaw feel when we dont have a club in 1-2 years i doubt he will care. he has seen the money signs and gone ,nothing to do with football .  the truth needs to come out on this , if he is getting 6grand at celtic and we are offering 1500quid then that dom howson should email him and say supporters cant understand what your playing at because dont you realise this is a local lad who could be worth 10million in a year or 2 instead we are getting 250k where is the business sense in that never mind the football part. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, sw1867 said:

The club showed no loyalty to him by not offering him a Contract until Celtic came in for him. At the end of this season he could have been without a job looking for another employer.

Loyalty works both ways.

I'm pretty sure Shaw himself was quoted as saying the club had made him an offer but it was being dealt with by his agent long before any mention of Celtic.

Imagine these fans calling Shaw a traitor and Judas for signing for Wednesday. I wonder what they would advise their own flesh and blood to do if it was them in this situation? Tell them stay at their boyhood club because their parent is a fan?

• Like 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Smackavolley said:

As I understand it, the offer from the club was derisory.  The Celtic offer was multiples of the SWFC offer and it’s a long term contract.

I would rather he stayed with us and don't wish him any ill will for going. But the thing is I have no idea what the terms of either clubs offer was and neither do you.

The only people who know are the player, his agent and the clubs. 

Unless of course you are a family member of Liam Shaw and he confided in you.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, morganowl said:

if he stayed and believed in his ability he would get a big money move in next year or 2 earning club good money and himself too., he says he is a big weds supporter but he has jumped out of the club pretty quickly , how will liam shaw feel when we dont have a club in 1-2 years i doubt he will care. he has seen the money signs and gone ,nothing to do with football .  the truth needs to come out on this , if he is getting 6grand at celtic and we are offering 1500quid then that dom howson should email him and say supporters cant understand what your playing at because dont you realise this is a local lad who could be worth 10million in a year or 2 instead we are getting 250k where is the business sense in that never mind the football part. 

Amazing 

Absolutely amazing 

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Imagine these fans calling Shaw a traitor and Judas for not signing for Wednesday. I wonder what they would advise their own flesh and blood to do if it was them in this situation? Tell them stay at their boyhood club because their parent is a fan?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Get your own players signed up then

No matter what scenario anyone can paint it always ends up back on Chansiris' doorstep

Because ultimately he's the only person that's responsible for this situation arising

Two wrongs don’t make a right...

12 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I would rather he stayed with us and don't wish him any ill will for going. But the thing is I have no idea what the terms of either clubs offer was and neither do you.

The only people who know are the player, his agent and the clubs. 

Unless of course you are a family member of Liam Shaw and he confided in you.

'But the thing is I have no idea what the terms of either clubs offer was and neither do you.'

Yeah right. Don't wager your house/mortgage on that statement because you'd lose it.😉

• Haha 2

Still not quite sure about the title of the thread?

Respect to him for following the money because he's only got a short career?

Respect to going to one of the most famous clubs in the world?

Respect to him for maximising the handful of good games he's had to get a move?

erm.. help?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Smackavolley said:

'But the thing is I have no idea what the terms of either clubs offer was and neither do you.'

Yeah right. Don't wager your house/mortgage on that statement because you'd lose it.😉

Here we go

4 minutes ago, Smackavolley said:

My Apologies Liam

Edited by Hookowl
7 hours ago, rickygoo said:

And we don’t owe him anything either tbh. He matters as much to me as Jon Beswetherick or Kim Olsen. 

Yep he’s done what’s best for him and I don’t blame him for a second. Not a jot. But I don’t wish him good luck or bad luck. It’s a perfectly rational decision to bail out of a sinking ship scuttled by appalling captaincy, but don’t expect all of us who can’t get a place in the lifeboats to cheer him to the rafters as he enjoys his new round riches. 

Yours curmudgeonly. 

Exactly this.  I can't understand why some people don't like the fact that I won't be wishing him well.  I won't wish him ill fortune but I won't wish him well.  He is not invested in the club.  

• Like 1
9 hours ago, sw1867 said:

The club showed no loyalty to him by not offering him a Contract until Celtic came in for him. At the end of this season he could have been without a job looking for another employer.

Loyalty works both ways.

I’m not happy with the club that Shaw has left but they did offer him a contract and were in talks with him. Loyalty does indeed work both ways. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-looking-seal-liam-shaw-contract-after-fa-cup-heroics-3091005%3famp

Edited by shandypants

Seriously become of the pathetic comments on here! The lads just done us over! Can you not see that. It makes sense for him I understand that completely but your supposed to be wednesday supporters for goodness sake. Respect! Good luck! Get a grip! The reason we have been in the state we have since early 90s is because of pathetic so call supporters who welcome getting done over and treated like crap! We develop them give them their chance and they leave without us getting anything I don't care how good an opportunity it is for him it's certainly nothing more than a slap in the face with a kick in the nadds! How do you expect anything to change when you act like the musicians playing on the Titanic!!! At least they knew that wouldn't right the ship. Slap the lad on the back who's just took wee wee out of you! Amazing..... Chansiri has nothing to fear no matter how he treats us we you lot!

• Like 1
  • Love 1