Championship Performance Since Promotion From L1

2 hours ago, waverley_owl said:

But we didn’t go backwards though did we? After the investment we got to the play offs twice. 

What we failed to do was get promoted and have a plan B in place in case we didn’t. 

Are you trying to be a journalist though seriously? Looking at the stats, yes we did score less than we conceded but come on, we’re talking the odd goal in some cases. 

Well done for putting some data into excel and using the print screen button. Don’t really see the point you’re trying to make if I’m honest. 

The point is that we have gone backwards despite the investment, and having the information clearly visible provokes discussion. 

Not really sure why you seem so riled up?

• Love 1

2 hours ago, waverley_owl said:

But we didn’t go backwards though did we? After the investment we got to the play offs twice. 

What we failed to do was get promoted and have a plan B in place in case we didn’t. 

Are you trying to be a journalist though seriously? Looking at the stats, yes we did score less than we conceded but come on, we’re talking the odd goal in some cases. 

Well done for putting some data into excel and using the print screen button. Don’t really see the point you’re trying to make if I’m honest. 

Bit over sensitive there mate?

lol

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Looking at that you can see the obvious issues and decline etc but there is one thing I can see that no one has mentioned, GLENN LOOVENS.

He arrived in 2014 and left 2017 I believe..... in that time we conceded roughly around 15 goals less per season than all others years at this level.

I know the club looked at 200 cb options but it shows how key that recruitment option was. We as we have done usually got it wrong and have gone back to defending pre Loovens and conceded lots more goals. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah but you just want to be a journalist 

That's proven beyond doubt because you did an excel spreadsheet

Reuters got back to me and said it was a very nice spreadsheet. Unfortunately I did it in dark mode and now my journalistic career is in tatters

*clicks back to meme thread*

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

The point is that we have gone backwards despite the investment, and having the information clearly visible provokes discussion. 

Not really sure why you seem so riled up?

Not riled up one little bit. Just don’t get why people post stats to prove a point....that don’t actually prove the point. 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I've just got up

I could have sworn that yesterday I opened a thread like this to read that someone had posted that the club hasn't gone backward over the last 5 years

Was I dreaming or did someone really actually genuinely post that?

ThT wasn’t what the op was saying. He’s saying we’ve backwards from 8?years ago

We all know we have steadily declined from Chansiri first year. But everyone conveniently ignores that was a high point in 20 years. Thanks to him. But we’ve just gone back to where have been bumming about for the best part of 20 years 

8 hours ago, Plonk said:

In fact if you average out the last three seasons against the three pre chansiri the points and position are both better. If you average in the middle two seasons we do considerably better. You can chuck all the other stuff in but the op is using stats to say we’ve gone backwards. But the stats don’t say that. If I’m wrong I will apologise as I’ve ive done the maths on a serviette while having my breakfast. I’m not defending chansiri at all. But if you want a stick to beat him with then at least make sure it is a stick and not a feather 

Perhaps the most significant thing to come out of this thread is the use of a serviette at breakfast! Where are you dining? 

Guest Grandad
20 hours ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

Interesting stats, but it’s a bit like pulling an ugly 12 pinter. Analysis of her measurements and attributes aren’t necessary when your error is obvious to the world! 

A 12 pinter approached me in town once, she was wearing a United shirt. She asked me for my telephone number. 

I said "Have you got a pen", and she laughed and said "Yes"

I said "Well don't let Simonsen take it"

Old joke.

We can cherry pick stats anyway we want, but I was pretty clear I was just looking at our performance since our last promotion.  

We had a series of seasons where we steadily improved year on year, then a couple of great seasons followed by some poor seasons.  

I'm not sure how anyone can disagree with the assessment that in 2021 we are in a worse position by any metric you care to use than we were in 2015, despite millions and millions of pounds spent. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Plonk said:

No. Back to where were. But backwards from where we got to. The op was saying we had gone backwards from pre DC. The stats he provided don’t support that

If I included money spent, and factored in the amount spent per point gained I am extremely confident we get less bang for our buck now than we did in the seasons pre-play offs.