Championship Performance Since Promotion From L1

Popped this in another thread but thought it might be interesting to have the discussion here.

Apart from two seasons in the play-offs, we have finished every other season 12th or below.

In all but those two play off seasons we have conceded more than we have scored.

For all the investment, we have gone backwards.

766F85FE-DC5F-4A23-8DBD-742FC24D1AD5.jpeg.16729873abfb8818dc15e0c2f9c43f83.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

Interesting stats, but it’s a bit like pulling an ugly 12 pinter. Analysis of her measurements and attributes aren’t necessary when your error is obvious to the world! 

Hardly gone backwards. We had our two best seasons since he took over and are now back to average. If you take away the points deduction we are bang on where we were before he arrived. Off the pitch is a different matter

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In fact if you average out the last three seasons against the three pre chansiri the points and position are both better. If you average in the middle two seasons we do considerably better. You can chuck all the other stuff in but the op is using stats to say we’ve gone backwards. But the stats don’t say that. If I’m wrong I will apologise as I’ve ive done the maths on a serviette while having my breakfast. I’m not defending chansiri at all. But if you want a stick to beat him with then at least make sure it is a stick and not a feather 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Binky Griptite said:

So what you're saying is if you ignore the good seasons and only focus on the bad... All our seasons have been bad?

That's certainly true.

Absolutely. But the op was insinuating that after the two good seasons ( and totally ignoring them) we “ have gone backwards”. We haven’t. We’ve gone back being slightly less crap than before. 

Edited by Plonk
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

No matter the semantics

We are a club in dramatic decline, and a laughing stock.

And 350m ?   really ?   Where's that ended up then ?  lol

The op was about performance. Admittedly the off field stuff has been shambolic and chansiri has wasted a lot of his own money. But I don’t recall many of us saying please don’t sign hooper and forriestiri for us”. 

18 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Popped this in another thread but thought it might be interesting to have the discussion here.

Apart from two seasons in the play-offs, we have finished every other season 12th or below.

In all but those two play off seasons we have conceded more than we have scored.

For all the investment, we have gone backwards.

766F85FE-DC5F-4A23-8DBD-742FC24D1AD5.jpeg.16729873abfb8818dc15e0c2f9c43f83.jpeg

But we didn’t go backwards though did we? After the investment we got to the play offs twice. 

What we failed to do was get promoted and have a plan B in place in case we didn’t. 

Are you trying to be a journalist though seriously? Looking at the stats, yes we did score less than we conceded but come on, we’re talking the odd goal in some cases. 

Well done for putting some data into excel and using the print screen button. Don’t really see the point you’re trying to make if I’m honest. 

35 minutes ago, Plonk said:

The op was about performance. Admittedly the off field stuff has been shambolic and chansiri has wasted a lot of his own money. But I don’t recall many of us saying please don’t sign hooper and forriestiri for us”. 

O.k

factoring in the ( Alleged )  investment against previous investment and league position and results.

It doesn't take Einstein to prove just how much we have gone backwards. And you have to ask the question, given paxos involvement, HAS Chansiri used his own money ? So many things. So many variables.

Fact is, we are in the relegation places. Clubs a shambles and laughing stock.

• Like 1

Looking at that, we had 5 years of constant steady progress. Couldn't have asked for any more at the time.

Followed by 3 very poor seasons, not declining, just poor.

Without point deductions we would probably be looking at a 4th season in a row averaging about 15th.

So i'd say we aren't getting clearly worse, but are just completely flat-lining as an average-poor championship team. Our usual safety net has been wiped out this year by points deduction.