Kachunga vs Rhodes

For what it’s worth I would have probably swapped Patterson for Windass rather than Rhodes for Kachunga. Also for what it’s worth I don’t think it would have made any difference to the outcome. I felt Stokes goal was coming regardless of what we did mainly because we just didn’t have the players to stop them. 
We had survived up to that point because Stoke had been wasteful not because we were keeping them out. Once Fletcher stayed on and seemed to run off his injury I thought we were stuffed. 
I’m relatively calm about last night. It was a poor but not awful. I don’t think we have the players to boss games like last nights. We actually got fairly close to nicking a point in the end. All in all games like last nights, and Millwall before it are the kind we will probably lose but might occasionally win. Staying up will be tough and will go right to the wire. The chance of us going on some massive unbeaten run putting all opponents to the sword is none existent. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, crookesowl said:

With Rhodes on pitch we have a striker who was doing OK, offered a threat from crosses and scored 2 in recent weeks. 

Then he is subbed off for Kachunga, who offered nothing again. 

I just don’t get it. Can someone explain please? 

Another baffling moment from Thompson last night, along with his tactics. 

4 hours ago, sexpistol said:

The same Marriot in the short time he has spent in the pitch for Wednesday has offered next to nothing. I would personally start with Windass.

Windass flatters to deceive.

Poor finisher. Needs 4 or 5 chances to score, and you don’t get that in our side.

His passing is dreadful. Gives possession away too often. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I said before the game Paterson and Rhodes wouldn't work as a combination. They are too slow and neither can carry the ball. The only teams it will work against are ones we can dominate in midfield. So basically, Wycombe, in this league.

I still wouldn't mind seeing Harris given a go as the support striker. He's actually got pace, can dribble and hold up the ball. Not very good at scoring goals, but then he's hardly alone there.

• Like 2

Kachunga should never have played striker again after that awful miss against Bournemouth 

DC would have scored that 

Then blamed the fans for not celebrating enough