Darren Drysdale - Naughty Boy

0wl18

The joys of concord park. I got nutted up there after a long battle with a striker, I put a naughty challenge in on him and he said something along the lines of:

Do that’ll again and I’ll crack thee, and that’s the last waaaaaaaaning. I went sorry what was that I don’t speak “tramp”. He nutted me and walked. 

• Haha 6

I've said for years I think Ref's should be made professional with a good wage and continual training an evaluation.    So much money in the game it's scandalous we don't invest in this area instead of the VAR system for example.

Training wouldn't just be what you expect, but also the mental aspect as we saw with Drysdale.

I also think conflicts of interest should be noted on file way before a ref is allowed to officiate a game he has any kind of bias, either conscious or otherwise.

1 hour ago, NorfolkNChance said:

The joys of concord park. I got nutted up there after a long battle with a striker, I put a naughty challenge in on him and he said something along the lines of:

Do that’ll again and I’ll crack thee, and that’s the last waaaaaaaaning. I went sorry what was that I don’t speak “tramp”. He nutted me and walked. 

Similar to mine, I'd scored as I'm going back to my own half beefcake defender decides to scrape back of my legs with his studs. I say "steady on mate I'm working later." He says " score another and you'll not work again". 

Years ago we had a referee in Gainsborough who didn’t like any team that came from “Over the river” therefore any side coming from Retford, Misterton, Harworth etc where always up against it if they turned up in town and he was reffing. He even had the same approach to the kids football. Looking back, it was madness. I can recall one particular Sunday morning when he decided half-time was going to be as long as it took for someone to go get him a bacon sandwich. We kicked off again with him standing on halfway eating for five minutes, and the next five whilst he had his standard cigarette!

• Haha 1

On 17/02/2021 at 08:29, 0wl18 said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11707/12220393/referee-darren-drysdale-squares-up-to-ipswichs-alan-judge-during-game

Let’s see how the authorities handle this one. He appeared to smirk/laugh as he was sending off an Ipswich player as well. Not a huge issue but, not entirely professional either.

My long held belief is that referees really don’t help themselves. Demand respect but show none themselves. Mike Dean is a prime example, well known throughout the sport as a complete and utter ********, yet the players have to bow down like he’s some sort of god which only plays to his ego.

Mmm, Respect .

Go check @henrywinter twitter 

Was the tribunal today ,I would not gang a dog on the word if a " professional" footballer.

Edited by mildatheart67

31 minutes ago, mildatheart67 said:

Mmm, Respect .

Go check @henrywinter twitter 

Was the tribunal today ,I would not gang a dog on the word if a " professional" footballer.

So Drysdale is inept?

After the situation, he booked Judge. Was that for diving or, abuse?

If what Drysdale has come out with is true, he hasn’t done himself any favour because, Judge should have walked as soon as he questioned the referees integrity. 

Sounds like a referee backed into a corner, trying to save face.

24 minutes ago, mildatheart67 said:

Hope they throw book at the player ,no wonder he did not want the ref investigated

Read Ipswich’s response. Their media team supposedly have evidence which pours cold water on Drysdales claims. 

If deemed to be lying, Drysdale should walk. You can’t carry off like Drysdale is claiming In Sunday league, let along league one!