Barry Bannan

4 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

They were. Right under the bar with pace. 

With Dunkerley, Lees, Rhodes, Patterson, Hutch and Shaw all.in there we'll get goals between now and the end of the season if he can keep that up.

The problem is he won't... 

For a player of his ability his ball in from corners and free kicks is generally poor. 

I genuinely think anyone that doesn't appreciate Bannan either has never played football or just has no clue. His ball control, getting out of tight areas and passing ability is premier league class. He does some frustrating things but that is partly down to having to try and create everything on his own. Similarly to the way people used to get frustrated at Antonio because he had a similar problem of complete reliance. 

When Reach is playing well he has a slight help with responsibility. Reach has been totally awful recently though and shirked any responsibility which again falls back to Bannan. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Bannan's part of the problem 

Sick of the same excuses

Absolutely agree 100% Barry has one good game and then 1 bad we need a player in midfielder what’s going to be  consistent in his performance at all times it is irritating when he gets the ball and then instead of going forward when there is an opportunity.

He will play it back to the defence and then call for the ball again and do the same Thing I don’t think there’s anybody on here that will disagree he gives it 100%

We cannot criticise him for that .

but I think too much pressure is put onto one player and there are certain games we need that different type of player .

in midfield what we have not got but need......

• Like 1

If he’s so good like some people say then why over the past 5 years or so has nobody tried hard to sign him? There’s plenty of PL clubs that are relegated with parachute payments that could afford him but he’s still here. Yes someone would snap him up in the Shmmer on a free but it’s not quite the same as getting him in his ‘so called’ prime.

My view is that the reason we got him originally (why they allowed him to leave) and the reason why nobody has tried desperately to get him is down to his defensive qualities. It’s similar to Izzy Brown in that sense. If Bannan and.Brown played in the same team it would be Pelupessy getting the unfair criticism as you may as well be playing with 10 men or even 9 in defensive scenarios.

• Like 2

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, John Howard said:

When Bannan does not play well .....tonight , Coventry . Then we have no creativity whatsoever and look a very poor, team ...that lumps the ball  forward at every chance .

When he is on his game he brings Reach and  Harris into the game and we do play some attractive touch football .

I know he has his detractors but if the other players had his ability, running power  and commitment we would not be in the position we are .

Before any criticism of him ask the question how does Joey and Kachunga  get to be on the same pitch ???????

Spot on mate. Anyone who thinks differently knows nothing about football.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
19 minutes ago, El Toro said:

If he’s so good like some people say then why over the past 5 years or so has nobody tried hard to sign him? There’s plenty of PL clubs that are relegated with parachute payments that could afford him but he’s still here. Yes someone would snap him up in the Shmmer on a free but it’s not quite the same as getting him in his ‘so called’ prime.

My view is that the reason we got him originally (why they allowed him to leave) and the reason why nobody has tried desperately to get him is down to his defensive qualities. It’s similar to Izzy Brown in that sense. If Bannan and.Brown played in the same team it would be Pelupessy getting the unfair criticism as you may as well be playing with 10 men or even 9 in defensive scenarios.

Brentford tried in the summer.

2 hours ago, Weshallovercome said:

Bannan was the least of our problems tonight, he can only do so much, there were no runners for him to pass to.

I must be missing something, thought he was on of our better players tonight, his set peices were very good and every chance we had was direct from his delivery.

We just didn't get Harris involved as much 2nd half and it was one of Shaw's poorest games.

Didn't press them enough tonight, if we are going to play like that can't play Rhodes and Paterson together, needed  windass in to run the channels

1 hour ago, jrh said:

I genuinely think anyone that doesn't appreciate Bannan either has never played football 

Here we go another load of bull always said on here 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Weshallovercome said:

Bannan was the least of our problems tonight, he can only do so much, there were no runners for him to pass to.

That's because they were a bit leggy, Bannan should alter his game accordingly , I  mean  he's been on the same long journey on the bus, so he  should know. 

The problem has always been the Bannan and Hutchinson midfield combination. it's always to deep. Shaw played where bannan should be playing. Also having a back three where not one can carry the ball out from the back means Bannan has to come and get it all the time.