Barry Bannan

When Bannan does not play well .....tonight , Coventry . Then we have no creativity whatsoever and look a very poor, team ...that lumps the ball  forward at every chance .

When he is on his game he brings Reach and  Harris into the game and we do play some attractive touch football .

I know he has his detractors but if the other players had his ability, running power  and commitment we would not be in the position we are .

Before any criticism of him ask the question how does Joey and Kachunga  get to be on the same pitch ???????

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, steelerian said:

He has been for years, but most people are blind to him. Its amazing. 

I've said it many times, and I'll say it again....

....as one of our top earner, and as our Central midfield player who takes every set piece, he needs to be way way way more influential than he is.

Don't worry mate, the blind lot will be around shortly to tell us we are wrong 

And we'd be lost without the great bannan 

• Like 2

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

You are wrong, and without Bannan we'd be a worse side.

Close enough?

Still doesn't excuse how rubbish he is does it 

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Except he's not, but carry on.

The stats say otherwise 

A goal contribution every 5 games for a player that takes every set piece 

Take away his goal contribution (both penalties) that's a assist every 7.25 games 

Yes bannan is amazing 

*waits for blame on other players*

• Like 1

Just now, Sticky Micky said:

The stats say otherwise 

A goal contribution every 5 games for a player that takes every set piece 

Take away his goal contribution (both penalties) that's a assist every 7.25 games 

Yes bannan is amazing 

*waits for blame on other players*

Not 'amazing' but our best midfielder by some distance, probably our best player and a player that will be picked up by a top.end Championship club in the summer without a doubt.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

You are wrong, and without Bannan we'd be a worse side.

Close enough?

I agree ...people do notice when BB is not up to his usual self but take him out and replace him with who ...go on Bannan haters names please.

• Like 3

I wonder if you asked every Championship manager which player they'd like to take from our squad, how many would say Bannan?

I wonder how many of our own players think Bannan should be dropped.

How come none of our managers have ever dropped Bannan?

I wonder why every pundit, every time we're on TV picks out Bannan as our main threat?

They're all blind I tell thi, BLIND!!!

• Like 8

I certainly don’t think he’s rubbish, he’s probably our best player.  Having said that, I don’t think there’s anything inconsistent in saying we could be a better team without him (with the emphasis on team).  He’s a real asset in certain games, less so in others where he gets overpowered.

I don’t like the way that he now seems undroppable (perhaps understandable given terrible recruitment), he needs to be an important part of a decent squad but isn’t strong enough to dominate most games.  We’ve played well enough without him on occasions in the past, and we’ll certainly need to get used to life without him next season.

If anything we’re too reliant on him. If Bannan has an off day inevitably so do we. 

I think if anything we’ve missed a trick over the years by not asking him to play more of a number 8 role keeping play ticking from deep while having a number 10 in front of him to create further up the pitch. 

• Like 1