Ravel Morrison

I can remember watching him play for West Ham in a game at White Hart Lane, and he was the best player on the pitch by some distance.

The ability has always been there but the professionalism never has. He'd be more happier necking a gallon on a Saturday and turning up to play on a Sunday Morning before a session in the ale house afterwards.

13 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Was he ever actually that good?

I would be surprised if a Championship club came in for him. 

Everyone in the game, players, coaches, managers all say he was the most talented English youth prospect we have seen for many years.

Nothing he has done to date proves this, but they can't all be wrong. 

He clearly has great technical ability but not the mental strength needed.

Does my head in when people say, he would have been a great player if he could have had the mental attributes needed. For me they go hand in hand with the technical ability. Just the same as saying he would be a great player if he could dribble, pass etc. 

Football isn't just purely based on talent, there's so much more. 

It's always said the best players are first on the training pitch and last off ala Ronaldo, Messi, Beckham etc. 

Also nutrition, dealing with stress and pressure, can they work in a team etc etc. 

23 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I think Morrison was a turning point for Wilder when he found that his idea of signing 'unproven problem players' didn't work at PL level with Morrison and Rodwell

That's a good point.

I think that Wilder has created a myth around himself that the pigs have believed about him turning around 'problem player's' careers and therefore getting a bargin.

The ones that he did 'turn around' had actually done well at their previous clubs and not been problems. E.g. Leon Clarke and Madine has bad reputations but for their last couple of clubs before the pigs hadn't really been an issue. 

• Like 1