When do you think we will have our next England international?

Depends what you mean by "Have our next England International"

If you mean produce our next England International player - a long, long time.

If you mean host our next England International game - Never.

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

Like he is at Rotherham?.

What is he 21? and still to score in the English league?.

We also  had a far better player but let him go at 16, JAMIE VARDY.

22 I think. And still hasn't played a full game at ANY level of football in England , let alone scored. Vardy never played for us, his story is remarkable, full marks to him 

• Like 2

Guest LondonOwl313

https://www.englandstats.com/club.php?cid=96

Found this which shows all of our players who’ve played for England, and I think it’s only players who’ve been capped whilst here otherwise the likes of Kirkland, Bothroyd and Jeffers would be on there.

I’ve been following us since 1995 and I’d forgotten Hinchcliffe played and I couldn’t recall any others.

Looks like Palmer and Woods are the only two you could consider as regulars since 1964 with a few others capped a couple of times.

So probably another 15 years at this rate as we’d need to go up and become a decent team at that level before we’d get any England players 

50 minutes ago, Dooogs said:

What's really shocking about that list is the five year gap from 1993 to 98 without an England international, given that we were in the  middle of the top flight for most of that...

Di Canio deserved a cap

1 hour ago, Dooogs said:

What's really shocking about that list is the five year gap from 1993 to 98 without an England international, given that we were in the  middle of the top flight for most of that...

The Wilkinson era in the top league as well 84 to 88 we were mid table and above side and not one England cap.Sterland won his just after he had left I think. Big reason is there were a hell of a lot more English players in the top league then than now.

9 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

It will be a long time. While England players can now come from most sides in the top division I can’t see us getting there for a while. 

I think Hinchcliffe was our last one, so I would hazard a guess that we don’t get promoted for at least 5 years then I’ll say another year after that so I’ll gues 2027.

At least 5 years?? I wish I shared your optimism!!