Fletcher and Fox

Dot

17 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Had we not spaffed that money on Paterson and Windass, it would have been possible For instance, we could have signed Pickering to replace Fox, and there were any number of centre forwards available on the continent, all an upgrade on Fletcher, who we could have picked up for the money we spent on Patterson

Who are all these forwards on the continent you keep mentioning? 

Guest wilyfox
58 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We've sold up to Chansiri whos going to be moderating the site from now on

Enjoy your football

*bangs fist on table*

servers won’t be maintained then 👀 

19 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Had we not spaffed that money on Paterson and Windass, it would have been possible For instance, we could have signed Pickering to replace Fox, and there were any number of centre forwards available on the continent, all an upgrade on Fletcher, who we could have picked up for the money we spent on Patterson

Patterson is our top scorer so don't think we spaffed money there. As for pickering he is not in the same class as Fletcher. The reality is we bought what we could afford and who would actually sign for us. We signed much worse than Patterson and Windass in Marriot and Kachunga, neither look like they would score in a Brothel, but im sure again we were limited by budget and players who wanted to come. 

14 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Patterson is our top scorer so don't think we spaffed money there. As for pickering he is not in the same class as Fletcher. The reality is we bought what we could afford and who would actually sign for us. We signed much worse than Patterson and Windass in Marriot and Kachunga, neither look like they would score in a Brothel, but im sure again we were limited by budget and players who wanted to come. 

Well opinions I suppose, but Paterson doesn’t even look like a forward, never mind play like one. Agree about most of the others though, we could have done much better It’s that old argument again, did we bring in those players players because that was all we could get, or was a result of a lack of imagination when it comes to recruitment?

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Well opinions I suppose, but Paterson doesn’t even look like a forward, never mind play like one.  

Hate this if I'm honest

He's playing his heart out, gives 100%, makes things out of nothing and is smashing in goal after goal after goal

Time for fans to put away what they 'think' a striker should play like and start recognising that Paterson plays like Paterson and he's unstoppable doing that

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Who can blame them for leaving, knew we had financial issues, offered substantially less than they were on (well Fletcher was...Fox I imagine would have been after a decent rise), we'd missed wage payments before and had the 12 (at the time) point deduction come in. 

Fletchers last couple of years, so why scrap to stay up with a club whos run like a circus when  you can compete for the playoffs or go up to end your career with. 

Fox is 27, he'd want to be at the top end of the league and not scrapping to stay in it. 

It's like Lees Bannan and Reach, why would they want to stay? 

1 hour ago, sexpistol said:

I’m sorry but that is utter rubbish. He was never as bad as sone people made out. To say he ‘picked up slightly’ suggests you had an agenda against him. 
He improved massively and was one of our better players at the end. As for the contract running out insinuation. He didn’t sign one with us did he.

If he was so bad why did he sign for a club that is better than us currently?

disagree, he was appaling for years

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Well opinions I suppose, but Paterson doesn’t even look like a forward, never mind play like one. Agree about most of the others though, we could have done much better It’s that old argument again, did we bring in those players players because that was all we could get, or was a result of a lack of imagination when it comes to recruitment?

Lack of cash. Think DC has shut the wallet. We may also be under EFL scrutiny but under DCs non information policy we may never find out. The non payment of players twice should tell you much about the clubs cash flow. (To be fair Im sure a lot of other clubs are keeping their true financial position under wraps as well)

9 hours ago, Dot said:

Fletcher will be getting a virtual boo from me for faking an injury on his last appearance for us....unforgivable.

Fox will get a virtual clap for sticking with it despite the boo boys

Been watching Foxes for years, and still never got virtual clap! Long may it continue.:duntmatter:

6 minutes ago, markg said:

And it's not true. We have had plenty of players that have given 100% and still got absolutely slated

I’m all for players giving 100%, but if they’re not good enough, you won’t get very far Better than the other way around I suppose, or is it

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I’m all for players giving 100%, but if they’re not good enough, you won’t get very far Better than the other way around I suppose, or is it

I agree with you.

I meant that people will say they will back players that give 100% no matter what 

• Like 1