Stoke -V- Wednesday OMDT

6 minutes ago, bubbleowl said:

Boner on the bench, like I said it's not rocket science. The minute he made that disastrous change Thompson cost us any chance of winning that game. I thought in the first half Stoke were there for the taking, but the poor tactics gave them the advantage 

NT now saying Dunkley was tired! Good grief. He’s the leader at the back And much mentioned as lion heart. Not to be taken off lightly

Poor performance and very disappointing, again.  Thought Westwood made 3 or 4 good saves and took my man of the match.  Liked the look of young Uroghede.  Bannan a waste of time, reach far, far worse. To take Dunkley off and re-jig the midfield was naive  - just bring Borner on for a like for like change.  In a scrappy game, I'd have kept the two strikers we had on, both Rhodes and Paterson have shown they can scrap and scrape a goal.  Katchunga and Pelupessy have to be the worst footballers at the club, STOP persisting with them.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, N0rtherner said:

I've got to dig into 80s movie quotes with "I've got a bad feeling about this" with us away to free attacking & scoring Stoke City... can just tell Fletcher is going on the scoresheet. Hopefully our boys know their way around Fox and their defense too. But I'm not expecting many points from this.

I hate being right...

23 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

We'd stay up were it not for the points deduction.

The EFL imposed the penalty with the intention of sending us down.

They might have done it for that reason but we are seriously making it happen all by ourselves.  We don't need the EFL to do it for us, we can do it all on our own.

There have been so many games where we have been dreadful, not turned up, been a bit leggy. There was no excuse for being leggy last night, we'd not played for a week and a half. We just didn't come out for the second half. It drives me mad because when we play as we can we are a match for teams in the upper half of the division.

We are a shambles  from top to bottom as a club. I wish we weren't, I really do, but we have to face facts, there is something seriously wrong at this club and it's getting worse not better.

I hope we stay up but I have my doubts if we will.

2 hours ago, prowl said:

They might have done it for that reason but we are seriously making it happen all by ourselves.  We don't need the EFL to do it for us, we can do it all on our own.

There have been so many games where we have been dreadful, not turned up, been a bit leggy. There was no excuse for being leggy last night, we'd not played for a week and a half. We just didn't come out for the second half. It drives me mad because when we play as we can we are a match for teams in the upper half of the division.

We are a shambles  from top to bottom as a club. I wish we weren't, I really do, but we have to face facts, there is something seriously wrong at this club and it's getting worse not better.

I hope we stay up but I have my doubts if we will.

I guess that's the difference between bob players and good ones, in that the good ones turn up most games.

My point is that we finished in 17th place last time, seven points above the drop zone.

So a six-point deduction puts us in big trouble, as we're no stronger this term than last.