Çarşambaspor of Turkey

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/carsambaspor/startseite/verein/20659

Currently playing in the Turkish 4th tier. Their name translates literally as Wednesday Sport. 

Perhaps we should enter a twinning arrangement...? Their up & coming 'stars of the future' could come to us, and our older 'has-beens' could be put out to pasture playing for them! Just imagine!! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Haha I follow them on Facebook, as my wife's family are from the black sea region (Rize and Trabzon). I googled  if there was any club called Wednesday in Turkey years ago, and they popped up. They are in the Samsun city region and I think they are some sort of feeder club to Samsunspor in the Turkish Super Lig, or if not they are big fans of Samsunspor  (the biggest club in that city). It keeps me out of arguments about which is my Turkish club because when I'm asked who i support i obviously say wednesday, and telling the Turks i genuinely don't care who wins or loses in the matches here doesn't cut it! 

'Hadi Çarşambaspor, her yer Çarşamba!' 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Just how would this benefit club? 

We could not bring any promising players over although I doubt 4th division in Turkey is a hotbed of talent. 

Turkey is in a strange place at moment and would want to give it a wide birth regardless.

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, alcock dived said:

Haha I follow them on Facebook, as my wife's family are from the black sea region (Rize and Trabzon). I googled  if there was any club called Wednesday in Turkey years ago, and they popped up. They are in the Samsun city region and I think they are some sort of feeder club to Samsunspor in the Turkish Super Lig, or if not they are big fans of Samsunspor  (the biggest club in that city). It keeps me out of arguments about which is my Turkish club because when I'm asked who i support i obviously say wednesday, and telling the Turks i genuinely don't care who wins or loses in the matches here doesn't cut it! 

'Hadi Çarşambaspor, her yer Çarşamba!' 

Nothing like a good Arce Lik

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Quist said:

Just how would this benefit club? 

We could not bring any promising players over although I doubt 4th division in Turkey is a hotbed of talent. 

Turkey is in a strange place at moment and would want to give it a wide birth regardless.

With all due respect, I think you're missing the point here.

Namely: their name translates literally as Wednesday Sport.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

With all due respect, I think you're missing the point here.

Namely: their name translates literally as Wednesday Sport.

Suggestion was twin with them,  How would that benefit the club? 

Ok they have Wednesday in name? Womens Institute in Henley have a Wednesday Bridge Club should we twin with them?

5 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Nothing like a good Arce Lik

😂😂😂

My favourite brands here, based on nothing more than the hilarity it causes me are; 'Tittiz' car care systems; Etti ***** biscuits (a little more controversial); and as you mentiioned, the time-honoured 'Arcelik' quite possibly the last thing i want emblazoned across my fridge door, puts me right off my sucuklu yumurta! 

Just now, alcock dived said:

😂😂😂

My favourite brands here, based on nothing more than the hilarity it causes me are; 'Tittiz' car care systems; Etti ***** biscuits (a little more controversial); and as you mentiioned, the time-honoured 'Arcelik' quite possibly the last thing i want emblazoned across my fridge door, puts me right off my sucuklu yumurta! 

Etti ***** biscuits (a little more controversial) even the swear filter can't handle this one, suffice to say it would be considered a racial epithet almost anywhere else but Turkey, where it merely a very misguided and utterly unexportable 'oreo' biscuit!