Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Bluesteel said:


Id disagree with that. The recruiters are pretty capable and identify players, it’s not up to them to get the actual deals done or decide who we go for.

 

Prior to joining us Luongo wasn’t injury prone, was a captain and had the highest tackling % in the league with a year to run on his contract. Them sussing that is what it’s all about and then passing it on. Typically he’s now been injured constantly.

 

Pickering who we lost out on would’ve been spotted by them. As will a range of others. I just don’t think we have been attractive enough a prospect this season if any other teams are interested they go there. Even Green seemed to bide his time.

 

We’ll agree to disagree then as 90% of the players signed on their watch have been w@nk regardless of whether they’re responsible for closing deals or not?

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Jim said:

 

We’ll agree to disagree then as 90% of the players signed on their watch have been w@nk regardless of whether they’re responsible for closing deals or not?


The ones the manager/chairman etc decided we could afford, or players wanted to come etc given we had -12 points and no accounts published (possible restrictions there too) are generally middle of the road but with some decent recent records. The likes of Pearce and Pickering are two we know we’re id’d and didn’t come but they are the right kind of players to be identifying 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/02/2021 at 20:36, @owlstalk said:

 

 

Take away our points deduction and you have the answer that they're not really - not that much

Relax

One day we'll have a different chairman and then we can be as big/good as Barnsley / Leeds United / Sheffield United again x


*runs off*

They are if you divide points into budget, even plus 6 for us.

 

Which one would do, if run on Moneyball lines.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Caicos Owl said:

Everyone else is - why not Barnsley as well 

lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/02/2021 at 19:34, S72 Owl said:

As well as Barnsley have done this season and as bad as we’ve been they’ve only gained 5 more points than us. 
 

But they do at least have a plan in place as a club which is sustainable and something all there fans can get behind. Until they sell there next player then all there fans will be crying again.


This is the post of the season. 
 

Fast forward 3 weeks and they are 30 points ahead of us. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, northeastowl said:


This is the post of the season. 
 

Fast forward 3 weeks and they are 30 points ahead of us. 

Everything about the post was 100% correct

Link to post
Share on other sites

They're in the playoffs haha jeez, got to applaud and laugh in equal measures.

 

Barnsley could be in the PL next season as we're getting our arses kicked by Cheltenham Town.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Reason they are better ..... Is they don’t have an arrogant tw#t as their chairman

But if we had brought their manager in ..there would have been uproar..unknown foreigner...panos mate etc etc

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Manwë said:

They're in the playoffs haha jeez, got to applaud and laugh in equal measures.

 

Barnsley could be in the PL next season as we're getting our arses kicked by Cheltenham Town.

 

 

 

And more than likely be paying just a small fraction of what DC's ticket prices are.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

 

And more than likely be paying just a small fraction of what DC's ticket prices are.

Basically a club run well, structured with an excellent recruitment policy.

This season the ST holders have been given a pass code for all home games on Ifollow.

My mate just renewed his ST for £185 irrespective of what league they end up in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Basically a club run well, structured with an excellent recruitment policy.

This season the ST holders have been given a pass code for all home games on Ifollow.

My mate just renewed his ST for £185 irrespective of what league they end up in.

 

Yeah thats it, to be fair I've seen many of their fans actually critical of the owners but think that was more to do when Stendal left, but they certainly do have a good philosophy and strategy as a club.

 

The treatment of fans, the recruitment of signing young talented players with hunger and desire to do well, decent European scouting, a good attacking,  philosophy style of play. They are the complete opposite of us as a club, they are building step by step whilst we slowly demolish.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...