Why are barnsley better than us?

Guest Therealrealist

29 minutes ago, modboy said:

This.

Part of a global footballing strategy owned by one of the richest owners in the world. 

Difference is they are running the club sustainably (well as much as you can in football) with a plan.

Any proof of his wealth, if he had he'd be signing player of Brentfords quality and selling them on. Instead opts for league 1 and 2 players for next to nothing. If Wednesday were to sign 4/5  league 1 players in a transfer window they'd be uproar

3 hours ago, jamiejohn said:

I’m not saying the Brentford/ Barnsley way isn’t the way chansiri should have gone neither am I advocating how he has done things. I just believe that if for instance he had sold forestieri, bannan and hooper after Wembley and replaced them with unknowns the meltdown would have been huge. Unfortunately we don’t have the patience or mindset for a long term plan, most fans were more than happy for him to spend big and go for it no matter the potential pitfalls 

Your quite correct,wed have all had a hissy fit,but........if wed have been doing our homework on players,as clubs like Brentford,Barnsley,Roverum do,then we could have replaced them fairly cheaply with the likes of Benrhama who moved to Brentford around the same time,maybe Bamford and within a few weeks the moaning would die down and wed have pocketed a tidy profit to re invest and would be worshiping new heros,and just kept that cycle going.

But we dont,we sell players like Joao for poor money in a panic sale,we dont utilise his strengths,we play him wide left or wide right drain his confidence,continually sub him off then bench him for months,all Reading have done is play him centrally and give him the confidence,which is EXACTLY what we should have been doing, there were fans on here saying exactly that years ago when he was here.

Edited by legendaryswan
  • Like 1

On 15/02/2021 at 20:36, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Your 11 points clear of us. We're in the best form we've been in all season and you reckon you will gain an extra 14 points then us over the remainder of this season?

Deluded 

On a scale of 1 to 10 how deluded do you think I am now we’re 17 points above Wensdeh?. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, thommowl said:

Any proof of his wealth, if he had he'd be signing player of Brentfords quality and selling them on. Instead opts for league 1 and 2 players for next to nothing. If Wednesday were to sign 4/5  league 1 players in a transfer window they'd be uproar

Its been mentioned in many press articles etc. Just because he is rich doesnt mean he will waste it like our owners.

ps i think we can now agree Chansiri doesnt have access to that much money

image.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, modboy said:

Its been mentioned in many press articles etc. Just because he is rich doesnt mean he will waste it like our owners.

ps i think we can now agree Chansiri doesnt have access to that much money

image.png

If DC has 5.2 billion, then so do I

• Like 2

On 15/02/2021 at 20:36, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Your 11 points clear of us. We're in the best form we've been in all season and you reckon you will gain an extra 14 points then us over the remainder of this season?

Deluded 

Only 5 off now, you still reckon I’m delusional ? 😂🤣😂🐷

15 minutes ago, DlNGLE said:

Only 5 off now, you still reckon I’m delusional ? 😂🤣😂🐷

Congratulations to the Tykes and all for their recent form. You are certainly not delusional. However in football it is never wise to gloat after a brief run of form. Results tend to regress to the mean over the course of a season.

19 minutes ago, Hamakua Pueo said:

Congratulations to the Tykes and all for their recent form. You are certainly not delusional. However in football it is never wise to gloat after a brief run of form. Results tend to regress to the mean over the course of a season.

We’ve been in play off chasing form for 14 months, you’re right though the summer rebuild will put us back 6 months, and selling our head coach towards the end of the year will smart a bit, but we’ll still be in a better position then SWFC. 

51 minutes ago, DlNGLE said:

We’ve been in play off chasing form for 14 months, you’re right though the summer rebuild will put us back 6 months, and selling our head coach towards the end of the year will smart a bit, but we’ll still be in a better position then SWFC. 

Which it seems is the most important thing for Barnsley fans. Your clearly a much better team then us right now but I still don't think you will finish as much as 25 points above us.