Why are barnsley better than us?

Guest Therealrealist

1 hour ago, Tollertonowl said:

Under S Gray we signed some great players for peanuts that were influential in CC's (apparent success) over the following seasons... However we just pushed SG to the side for CC to come in with a few key players (big bucks for us) to watch and then tactically screw up our chances of promotion.... 

In one window Gray signed Westwood, Lees and Mcguigan. I thought at the time that if he gets same kind of support next season , perhaps he could get us up.... But next season Canshiri took over and Carlos got the job. 

32 minutes ago, Tollertonowl said:

At the moment they are way down the performance table in comparison to us and mediocre in terms of league position so I think we should see if their plan works before discussing further....

You  have a real tw@tish manner so firstly, pull your head in. It happens too frequently to be an accident.

We don't need to "see if their plan works before discussing it further...." because it already does exactly what they expect from it. They have recruited well for years, fact. They accept their league position because they know they will be in business next season regardless. Something we can't actually say at the moment with any certainty.......

In terms of the logic behind your reply, why don't we also forget about our failure to pay wages on time, 6 pt deduction and being managerless as well. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Morepork said:

You  have a real tw@tish manner so firstly, pull your head in. It happens too frequently to be an accident.

We don't need to "see if their plan works before discussing it further...." because it already does exactly what they expect from it. They have recruited well for years, fact. They accept their league position because they know they will be in business next season regardless. Something we can't actually say at the moment with any certainty.......

In terms of the logic behind your reply, why don't we also forget about our failure to pay wages on time, 6 pt deduction and being managerless as well. 

Sorry, but my views on who is the better team are based on/ in line with the competition that the teams have entered into - therefore who finishes higher at the end of the season (all games played) is (potentially) a better team albeit we have a 6 point deduction...

Also Barnsley are still potential relegation candidates (at the moment) so if they go down (at the end of the season) and with almost 1/2 a season still to play (it may still happen) - I would also base my view on their plan working/ not working on the final results/ position in the league than their position now/ recent result, as on the form table they aren't doing very well..    

Also NT is the manager so we aren't managerless  (your words) and if you could please expand on your points regarding the 6points deduction and players wages I'll respond....

Just now, Tollertonowl said:

Sorry, but my views on who is the better team are based on/ in line with the competition that the teams have entered into - therefore who finishes higher at the end of the season (all games played) is (potentially) a better team albeit we have a 6 point deduction...

Also Barnsley are still potential relegation candidates (at the moment) so if they go down (at the end of the season) and with almost 1/2 a season still to play (it may still happen) - I would also base my view on their plan working/ not working on the final results/ position in the league than their position now/ recent result, as on the form table they aren't doing very well..    

Also NT is the manager so we aren't managerless  (your words) and if you could please expand on your points regarding the 6points deduction and players wages I'll respond....

I don't give a monkey's about your opinions, you are entitled to express them on here. What I do object to is the tone, so I'm going to ask you to refrain from commenting on anything of mine and I'll return you the same courtesy.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I don't give a monkey's about your opinions, you are entitled to express them on here. What I do object to is the tone, so I'm going to ask you to refrain from commenting on anything of mine and I'll return you the same courtesy.  

In terms of Tone that can be taken out of context by the reader, which is unfortunately the problem with some written comments/ correspondence, as per this format... I therefore apologise if my wording has been abrupt/ tw@tish, as this wasn't my intent, which was just to clearly state my view on your view.    

I'd just like to refer back to my earlier comment to all the people who are getting arsey.

Barnsley are only in the championship this season by virtue of another club being docked points last season

They are hardly a model we should be following

• Like 1

Just now, Dot said:

I'd just like to refer back to my earlier comment to all the people who are getting arsey.

Barnsley are only in the championship this season by virtue of another club being docked points last season

Other than yesterday - I don't even see how why we would compare ourselves to them, as they are based on form (other than yesterday) likely to be fighting to stay up at the end of the year... FFS - we are going to do it this year and next year is our worry... 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dot said:

Really, Brentford followed it just with more investment as they had a wealthy owner,not done them any harm

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Really, Brentford followed it just with more investment as they had a wealthy owner,not done them any harm

??

I'm not sure I understand?

are you saying Brentford followed the barnsley model?

getting relegated on the pitch and staying up because another team were docked points?

1 hour ago, Tollertonowl said:

The same thoughts as me + if it's working for us don't change it - especially in our circumstances....

25 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

In football even loads of investment isn’t the answer, which Frank Lampard at Chelsea is an example of after doing well on peanuts for them and then failing/ being sacked after spending big time on players...

5 hours ago, Dot said:

We’ll see. A bit of good luck they may have got but there’s people who’d argue following the financial rules whilst others don’t means you get what you deserve in situations like that. Part of being a well run club is you get the benefit of not having points deductions like we have. Unfortunately with how we’re ran and how they’re ran, they’re on a much more likely trajectory to the premier league than we are. They’ll probably improve year on year slowly whilst we’re on our decline from chansiris s**t or bust tactic 

• Like 1