Why are barnsley better than us?

Guest Therealrealist

3 hours ago, Rodger said:

Better manager than us.. 

Monk, Pulis and to a lesser extent Moore, are all to blame for this horror show. 

HOW? we've gone a full season and half of last with no C/F.

i honestly think pep would have struggled with this shyte we'd got.

On 10/05/2021 at 12:10, ken52 said:

As I said in another topic last week, Barnsley have applied the Moneyball tactic of finding players to fit the positions they needed. If you watch the Brad Pitt film Moneyball you'll see what I mean. The Barnsley owner was on tv a few weeks ago explaining it. They look for players who are very capable of doing a good consistent job but who for some reason are ignored by other clubs. They can then get them cheaper and they know the players strengths and weaknesses. It's all about research, not just 'oh he's a good player let's sign him.' Things have changed, let's get with it. Watch the film though it's very interesting.

Billy Beane (Brad Pitt's character) is actually on the board at Barnsley.

On 09/05/2021 at 22:50, 83owl said:

Not sure about that as the one tactic we seem to constantly do is to lump it out for a throw in at every kick off. Sums up our squad really. 

Is this  because our creative midfielder lacks football intelligence or is it the coaching plan to kick for touch?

Guest Therealrealist
On 09/05/2021 at 18:17, DlNGLE said:

Reading other championship clubs forums, the general opinion is that we’re just having a lucky season, and that next season we’ll be back in a championship relegation dog fight, especially if we lose our head coach early on in the campaign. It’s seems most football fans think we’ve dropped lucky with this bunch of players and head coach, and once we’ve been picked apart in the summer will be rubbish as we’ll not continue to be so lucky in the transfer market. 

Got to agree with them tbh...i think the manager is offskis after listening to his sky interview

Shows how quickly things change in football.

Dingles on the pitch should have started in league 1 this season but stayed up due to the Wigan situation then end up a couple of games from the prem.

still lol though

Swansea are a funny team. Spend most of the match doing bugger all and then seem to pop up with a world-class goal out of nothing. Every time I've seen them this season - to us home and away, to Derby in that pre-relegation game (think Swansea had about 4 shots all match but scored an absolute cracker) and now to Barnsley. Are they secretly good or really lucky?

Relatively speaking, Barnsley have always been better than us...and the Blades, and Leeds too.

In my lifetime they've played mainly in the second tier, which for a club with such constraints is a tremendous achievement.

If the Owls, Blades and Leeds were as relatively successful as Barnsley then we'd all be permanent fixtures in the PL.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Relatively speaking, Barnsley have always been better than us...and the Blades, and Leeds too.

In my lifetime they've played mainly in the second tier, which for a club with such constraints is a tremendous achievement.

If the Owls, Blades and Leeds were as relatively successful as Barnsley then we'd all be permanent fixtures in the PL.

Constraints of being from Barnsley?

29 minutes ago, Dot said:

Shows how quickly things change in football.

Dingles on the pitch should have started in league 1 this season but stayed up due to the Wigan situation then end up a couple of games from the prem.

still lol though

My sides are aching. What league are we in again?

42 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

My sides are aching. What league are we in again?

Soz mate

I forget we cant laugh at others, just like league one barnsley laughed when we lost the play off final, just like like league one pigs laughed when we lost the play off final

have a word with yourself FFS

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dot said:

Soz mate

I forget we cant laugh at others, just like league one barnsley laughed when we lost the play off final, just like like league one pigs laughed when we lost the play off final

What league are we in Ron? We're in league one Ron.

14 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

What league are we in Ron? We're in league one Ron.

Cheers Ron

I will never laugh at other  clubs losing, even if they laugh at us losing

Just now, Dot said:

Cheers Ron

I will never laugh at other  clubs losing, even if they laugh at us losing

Should Dot laugh at other clubs Ron when they are losing? That's up to Dot if she wants to Ron. Don't tell Dot Ron but I have a cheeky chuckle at other teams expense Ron. I do too Ron.

Guest Therealrealist
45 minutes ago, Dot said:

Soz mate

No..we’re all supposed to love little old Barnsley and little old Rovrum despite the fact that they hate us and love utd...I’m delighted rovrum come down with us and I’m over the moon Barnsley are not goin to be in the premier league...jobs a good un :pulis: