Why are barnsley better than us?

Guest Therealrealist

so do we want them to go up?

Partly yes as it would be a good story of endeavour over spending big. Plus it would be extra painful for United to be replaced by them

No because working in Barnsley it would be hell

On 19/03/2021 at 03:23, Zarostulus said:

And this is a huge problem that will one day sink football. 

hiya, hope ur still around

i was talking to a tarn fan last week who said you had a great centre back,  (the fan is in his 70's if not 80's) and say's he's one of the very best he's seen at oakwell, who is  the c/b, where is he from, and how much did you pay for him?

They are run correctly. 
got lucky with a manager, after a succession of poor ones, and are now reaping rewards for it. Hope they go up personally. The key though is being run properly. That’s where we fall at the first bloody hurdle. 

1 minute ago, dorian gray said:

hiya, hope ur still around

i was talking to a tarn fan last week who said you had a great centre back,  (the fan is in his 70's if not 80's) and say's he's one of the very best he's seen at oakwell, who is  the c/b, where is he from, and how much did you pay for him?

Helik I think they call him. Good FIFA ratings too. 

4 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

The Barnsley players gave a to555 about their club, ours didn’t. They were here for the money only and an easy life.

ticking 'very lucrative' contracts out, it's bled the club to this point.

in future get them in who ONLY GIVE A ****.

On another note, as I've said before Barnsley and credit too them are taking full advantage of the extra subs, their attacking midfielders and strikers run their knackers off for an hour and are all replaced for similar. If/when the rule goes back to 3 subs they will struggle immensely. 

25 minutes ago, thommowl said:

On another note, as I've said before Barnsley and credit too them are taking full advantage of the extra subs, their attacking midfielders and strikers run their knackers off for an hour and are all replaced for similar. If/when the rule goes back to 3 subs they will struggle immensely. 

it's called 'tactics'' 

we don't bother with them.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, thommowl said:

I agree but we don't have players that can run hard for 10 mins nevermind 60. 

TRUE!

they were in their pomp when procured, they are around 4 years past their best by now. it will be interesting to see how many go on to achieve anything at all in future.

Reading other championship clubs forums, the general opinion is that we’re just having a lucky season, and that next season we’ll be back in a championship relegation dog fight, especially if we lose our head coach early on in the campaign. It’s seems most football fans think we’ve dropped lucky with this bunch of players and head coach, and once we’ve been picked apart in the summer will be rubbish as we’ll not continue to be so lucky in the transfer market. 

1 hour ago, DlNGLE said:

Reading other championship clubs forums, the general opinion is that we’re just having a lucky season, and that next season we’ll be back in a championship relegation dog fight, especially if we lose our head coach early on in the campaign. It’s seems most football fans think we’ve dropped lucky with this bunch of players and head coach, and once we’ve been picked apart in the summer will be rubbish as we’ll not continue to be so lucky in the transfer market. 

IF you fail to go up, you'll at least face second season syndrome, sides will know what you bring.

also getting any worthwhile loans signed on full time is a must for you.