Communications

Genuine question and apologies if it has already been covered to death somewhere

Does the club employ a comms manager these days? Seems to me that a lot of the angst, distrust and negative speculation could be alleviated if we had anything approaching decent communication from the club.

If not, why not? is it just another example of Chansiri wanting complete control and missing an obvious opportunity to improve "customer" relations?

If yes, what is he/she doing all day?

Head of Comms is Trevor Braithwait. He’s a really good guy. 

At the end of the day it all comes from the very top. The comms team can only report and communicate what the chairman tells them or wants. I think it would be really beneficial to have a CEO running the day to day in this country to support the different departments. That’s what most successful businesses/organisations have.

I get the impression and feeling the comms team are working with very little direction. And I think they probably do a good job in the circumstances. For example social media has improved ten fold over the past couple of years.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

At the end of the day it all comes from the very top. The comms team can only report and communicate what the chairman tells them or wants. I think it would be really beneficial to have a CEO running the day to day in this country to support the different departments. That’s what most successful businesses/organisations have.

I get the impression and feeling the comms team are working with very little direction. And I think they probably do a good job in the circumstances. For example social media has improved ten fold over the past couple of years.

I cant see why the chairman would stop a communication regards the reasons why the undersoil heating is not working. Surely just say its broken etc , things do break etc it would then at least stop people making spurious comments etc

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, Asio otus said:

I cant see why the chairman would stop a communication regards the reasons why the undersoil heating is not working. Surely just say its broken etc , things do break it would then at least stop people making spurious comments etc

4 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

I cant see why the chairman would stop a communication regards the reasons why the undersoil heating is not working. Surely just say its broken etc , things do break etc it would then at least stop people making spurious comments etc

Reflects bad on the club. Especially if they can’t afford to fix it. What happens if it freezes again? Would open up an absolute can of worms. 

And I really don’t think the chairman is the type to admit failure. Spending £1m on a brand new pitch and can’t even get the game on when it’s a bit chilly? Us and Rotherham only clubs with games cancelled in the top two leagues and in Scottish Prem.

10 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’ve met Trevor on several occasions and I totally agree that he is one of the ‘good guys’ at SWFC. In meetings he is the one that DC turns to when he can’t find the right words to answer the questions that are being put to him. Having said that I also believe that any communication to the outside world whether it be an announcement or whatever it must be authorized by Chansiri first. 
Trevor is very good at what he does but like many of his colleagues at S6 his/their hands are tied by the order of the owner.

2 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

I’ve met Trevor on several occasions and I totally agree that he is one of the ‘good guys’ at SWFC. In meetings he is the one that DC turns to when he can’t find the right words to answer the questions that are being put to him 

This is true

*Trevor - how do you say 'YOUR MONEY PAYS FOR NOTHIGN YOU BAD CUSTOMERS'?*

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Reflects bad on the club. Especially if they can’t afford to fix it. What happens if it freezes again? Would open up an absolute can of worms. 

And I really don’t think the chairman is the type to admit failure. Spending £1m on a brand new pitch and can’t even get the game on when it’s a bit chilly? Us and Rotherham only clubs with games cancelled in the top two leagues and in Scottish Prem.

Not saying this is the case but let’s say it’s a part on the boiler that needs replacing, have you tried getting spare parts for boilers at the minute, especially if it’s from the EU?

Lets say the club puts out a statement saying basically the above and they are doing everything they can to source the part required, how long before someone post along the lines of “it’s a lie, we can’t afford it”?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

Not saying this is the case but let’s say it’s a part on the boiler that needs replacing, have you tried getting spare parts for boilers at the minute, especially if it’s from the EU?

Lets say the club puts out a statement saying basically the above and they are doing everything they can to source the part required, how long before someone post along the lines of “it’s a lie, we can’t afford it”?

Well exactly that’s the problem. It’s clearly been called off because of reasons which don’t look good on the club. The statement didn’t go into much detail and that tends to indicate they don’t want to reveal more! 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Well exactly that’s the problem. It’s clearly been called off because of reasons which don’t look good on the club. The statement didn’t go into much detail and that tends to indicate they don’t want to reveal more! 

its looks better than before chansiri came and we lost 2 games coz we couldnt go for slash as  the bogs were frozen ......

I'm sure chansiri knew it would average -5, 4 days running before the game, he probably knew 1 inch below the surface was waterlogged and would turn to ice

He prob knew no underfloor heating in the world would melt it.

He probably knew the ref would come and have a gander and call it off.

Suppose he could have told the fans.

It's reyt cowd, underfloor wont touch it cos its solid ice..hope that helps..