Season tickets for NEXT season - Here's the first one I've seen so far

Here's the first club I've seen to announce their season ticket pricing and what they're doing for next season, and how they've communicated it to their fans.

Thought it would be useful to see to give us a feel for what to expect from clubs as they start to make announcements 

Whilst the leagues, prices etc will be different for Oldham I thought it might give us a steer on how clubs are reacting and thinking during this pandemic  

Hope it proves interesting to you 👍

Oldham Athletic can confirm current season tickets holders have now been contacted directly via email from Supporter Services, and post where needed, with the following information.

When looking at potential refunds for the current season and pricing for the 2021/22 campaign, we have taken into consideration the detrimental effects the current pandemic has had on our fanbase from both an emotional and financial perspective, and also the club with regards to cash flow.

We have put together a fair reflection of your commitment to Latics, alongside what you have received from iFollow and the current financial climate.

As well as recognising season ticket holders for 2020/21, we have also considered the difficult decision that 2019/20 season ticket holders made at the end of that campaign in not renewing based on the uncertainty of the future.

Please note, any existing arrangements that were made at the end of 2019/20 season such as extra matchday tickets instead of refunds, these will still be valid and our dedicated Supporter Services team will be in touch in due course.

In addition, we are mindful that a commitment was made to 125 existing season ticket holders to receive their commitment free of charge for the 2021/22 season. A draw has taken place in advance and you will be informed before Monday 1 March.

Also, season ticket renewals and sales will commence online from Monday 1 March.

Season Ticket Pricing (2021/22)

Existing Season Ticket Holders

The renewal prices below take into consideration your support and understanding of the clubs current financial position and we believe will offer one of the lowest season ticket pricing structures in the EFL.

Screenshot 2021-02-13 at 07.39.11.jpg

With the exception of adult prices after the 28th May, the prices above are the full price payable for renewing your season ticket, and no further refunds are applicable.

U12's will remain FREE if purchased with a paying Adult/Concession.
* = Concessions are Over 65’s & Under 21’s.
** = Does not guarantee renewal of exact/usual seat.

Season Ticket Holders (2019/20)

If you wish to purchase a season ticket for the 2021/22 season and you were a holder in the 2019/20 campaign but did not renew for the current season, then the pricing is as follows:

Screenshot 2021-02-13 at 07.39.59.jpg

Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee access to your original seat.

New Season Tickets (2021/22)

New season tickets for the 2021/22 campaign are as follows:

Screenshot 2021-02-13 at 07.40.43.jpg

Season Ticket Refunds (2021/21)

The one element that has been apparent over recent months is the major difference between watching the game live at Boundary Park and through iFollow.

We will therefore offer a refund, after 28th May, of the difference between an adult season ticket price and iFollow subscription at the end of the current playing season once the number of games is confirmed. If the season is completed in full and fans are not able to attend any live games at Boundary Park, the amount refundable will be £40.02, explained as follows:

(2020/21 Adult ST Price of £270 divided by 23 home games = £11.74 per game, minus iFollow Subscription of £10 per game (given complimentary to all season ticket holders), resulting in a balance of £1.74 per game, multiplied by 23 games, equaling £40.02)

The offer of refunds does not apply to concessions and other categories, as iFollow subscription prices are in excess of the price per game of a season ticket.

Refunding for 2020/21 and intending to purchase a season ticket for 2021/22?
If you intend to purchase a season ticket for 2021/22 but wish to take up a refund for 2020/21, you may do so after the 28th May, by emailing supporter.services@oldhamathletic.co.uk, with your season ticket number, full name and address. The renewal price on your season ticket account will automatically be £189.98 (£230 minus £40.02).

Any season ticket holders not wishing to take the refund are able to renew before 7th May to benefit from the lower prices.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2021/february/12022021-season-ticket-information-update/

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

If I've read that last bit right, seems a bit of a con.

You can have a refund on this seasons, seasons ticket but can only have it after the renewal price has gone up. 

Meaning that you can pay £200 and lose out on £40, or pay £230 but get £40 back.

There might also be season ticket holders that haven't paid for Ifollow so will get more of a refund, but have to pay the higher price.

35 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

If I've read that last bit right, seems a bit of a con.

You can have a refund on this seasons, seasons ticket but can only have it after the renewal price has gone up. 

Meaning that you can pay £200 and lose out on £40, or pay £230 but get £40 back.

There might also be season ticket holders that haven't paid for Ifollow so will get more of a refund, but have to pay the higher price.

it doesn't strike me as a favourable deal at all 

Ours will have gone up £100 across the board. 

No mention of outstanding refunds. 

Will probably call us customers and tell us if we don't like it, then not to make a fuss on social media. 

Will be the first time in 20 years I won't be buying one through choice and dont intend to until DC sells up. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I need to know what’s happening at the club before I invest for next season - I may have missed it but for a start,  have we submitted our accounts yet ? If not are we liable for another point deduction ? If we are then you can bet it will be greater than -6. What happens on the pitch I can see and assess, it’s what’s happening off it that worries me.

I have asked for a refund on my season ticket through the credit card company I used , not waiting for Chansiri to tell me if I can get a refund ( highly unlikely) and didn't sign up last year in early bird to possibly watch league one football next season also being on furlough it will help me out with losing 20% of my income.

1 hour ago, owlsdreamer said:

Dc can say and promise whatever he likes but I will never believe another word he says.

no refunds forthcoming yet and 650£ s/t for this season still up in the air.

if we go down, it will be the most expensive s/t in the history of the 3rd tier

Maybe the cup games, or at least some of them, could be included if the tickets were the same price and we're in L1, just a thought.

1 hour ago, owlsdreamer said:

Dc can say and promise whatever he likes but I will never believe another word he says.

no refunds forthcoming yet and 650£ s/t for this season still up in the air.

if we go down, it will be the most expensive s/t in the history of the 3rd tier

yep, and don't even think about where then POTD prices wouid sit compared to the rest of the division! 

Said it before, but directly transferring this year's tickets to next freezes the POTD prices as they are.

The walk up will be non existent.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Let's see what our announcement is going to look like.

^ In line with our accounts procedure, we won;'t be publishing the prices until after we have deducted a large sum from your bank accounts, we will then, not be answering the telephone, in the hope that all you customers will go away and never bother us until next season "

lol

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

^ In line with our accounts procedure, we won;'t be publishing the prices until after we have deducted a large sum from your bank accounts, we will then, not be answering the telephone, in the hope that all you customers will go away and never bother us until next season "

lol

Do you work in PR? 

Job awaits at SWFC 🤣🤣🤣

• Thanks 1

Guest whowantstoberich
5 hours ago, doubleo said:

I need to know what’s happening at the club before I invest for next season - I may have missed it but for a start,  have we submitted our accounts yet ? If not are we liable for another point deduction ? If we are then you can bet it will be greater than -6. What happens on the pitch I can see and assess, it’s what’s happening off it that worries me.

Do you have to view the accounts of mcdonalds, netflix, or sky before you place your order with them?