Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:



Give over - you came on here today to suggest that this site/I was 'whipping thousands of fans up into a frenzy' about the reasons for the match being called off 🤣🤣🤣🤣

 

Blaming me/owlstalk when it's literally everywhere all over the internet 

All because the club did a three line announcement instead of giving the fans the time and respect they deserve with a reasonable upbeat, friendly detailed reason

 

Referee’s Inspection.

 

Game Off.

 

Frozen Pitch.

 

The End.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This game is likely to be played week commencing April 12th, we have a free week without a fixture week commencing March 8th but Swansea already have a fixture against Blackburn that midweek.

 

Last couple of weeks in March are free but World Cup qualifiers are taking place from Wednesday 25th to Wednesday 31st. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:



Give over - you came on here today to suggest that this site/I was whipping thousands of fans up into a frenzy about the reasons for the match being called off

Blaming me/owlstalk when it's literally everywhere all over the internet 
All because the club did a three line announcement instead of giving the fans the time and respect they deserve with a reasonable upbeat, friendly detailed reason

 

I think you're half right. It might be all over the internet, but only as something to moan about. I was looking forward to the prospect of perhaps getting something tomorrow (heavy legged opponents on a heavy pitch). But I don't think there's any conspiracy here. Yes, underinvestment over the last few years have left us a bit tinpot and the comms strategy is awful, but no money is coming in. Plenty is going out. how can anyone manage it?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, @owlstalk said:

 


Sounds like you've been 'whipped up into a frenzy'

 

Nope.

 

A frozen pitch is a frozen pitch.

 

As stated previously, use some flexibilty if conditions were to improve quickly and the temperature “awkwardly” raises to 1 degree and is playable by Sunday and move Tuesday’s fixture to Wednesday given the logistics relate only to teams and not fans.

 

If we were at Swansea away tomorrow and I had a ticket I would be very grateful for an early call re. its postponement after several nights of freezing temperatures.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Retired Owls Fan said:

 

I think you're half right. It might be all over the internet, but only as something to moan about. I was looking forward to the prospect of perhaps getting something tomorrow (heavy legged opponents on a heavy pitch). But I don't think there's any conspiracy here. Yes, underinvestment over the last few years have left us a bit tinpot and the comms strategy is awful, but no money is coming in. Plenty is going out. how can anyone manage it?

 

 

Chansiri has said numerous times that he's absolutely minted


Our fans have said he's linked to an extremely wealthy family and a huge tuna business 

Chansiri has said 'I tell you now. your money pays for NOTHING' when referring to tickets and the money fans spend on them


Im struggling to see your point regarding finance in that case? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

Chansiri has said numerous times that he's absolutely minted


Our fans have said he's linked to an extremely wealthy family and a huge tuna business 

Chansiri has said 'I tell you now. your money pays for NOTHING' when referring to tickets and the money fans spend on them


Im struggling to see your point regarding finance in that case? 

 

He never said he controls the weather though.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Retired Owls Fan said:

 

I think you're half right. It might be all over the internet, but only as something to moan about. I was looking forward to the prospect of perhaps getting something tomorrow (heavy legged opponents on a heavy pitch). But I don't think there's any conspiracy here. Yes, underinvestment over the last few years have left us a bit tinpot and the comms strategy is awful, but no money is coming in. Plenty is going out. how can anyone manage it?

 

Would they have been that heavy legged though? Only 5 outfield players played in both of last 2 fixtures against Norwich and Man City. image.png.bc19dc557943370f1e85986c0fe63d4b.png

 

 

image.png.80c39609b6b88a3878c1438587a4b77d.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Chansiri has said numerous times that he's absolutely minted
Our fans have said he's linked to an extremely wealthy family and a huge tuna business 
Chansiri has said 'I tell you now. your money pays for NOTHING' when referring to tickets and the money fans spend on them
Im struggling to see your point regarding finance in that case? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Novel ideas for thawing the pitch out no.1.

 

Everyone takes their partner and thrashes about making love on the pitch. With 40-50,000 people at it, it would soon thaw out.

 

Any other ideas?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, General_Grievous said:

I always thought we had under soil heating, so how come tomorrow’s match is postponed due to a frozen pitch?

 

 

Apparently you're the problem if you ask that simple question


'fans fault' in other words


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 pages on this.

 

Hundreds of negative comments on social media about the announcement.

 

But it’s just a drama over nothing. Not like the club could have done more to manage the reaction.

 

lol

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Screenshot 2021-02-12 at 16.02.12.jpg

 

Screenshot 2021-02-12 at 16.02.18.jpg

 

Screenshot 2021-02-12 at 16.02.45.jpg

 

Screenshot 2021-02-12 at 16.03.01.jpg

 

Screenshot 2021-02-12 at 16.03.14.jpg

 

Screenshot 2021-02-12 at 16.03.53.jpg

 

Screenshot 2021-02-12 at 16.04.23.jpg

 

Screenshot 2021-02-12 at 16.04.35.jpg

 

Screenshot 2021-02-12 at 16.04.45.jpg

 

Screenshot 2021-02-12 at 16.05.31.jpg

 

Screenshot 2021-02-12 at 16.05.51.jpg

 

Screenshot 2021-02-12 at 16.44.25.jpg

 

 

 

 

Just a tiny tiny handful of our fans on Twitter right now

ALL of these avoidable with proper communication/announcement from the club

 

All these fans doing / saying the same thing - that can't NOT be a communications problem

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...