Swansea game called off

48 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

To anyone thinking this is just an Owlstalk thing about people speculating why the game is off it isn't

If you take a look on Twitter or Facebook for example there's an almighty meltdown on there 

So take your blame sticks and go hit someone else with it

Ta

Christ Almighty!!

Why not try to be different instead of constant wahataboutery whenever it suits?

No blame sticks here.

A game got called off for a frozen pitch.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

No blame sticks here. 

Give over - you came on here today to suggest that this site/I was 'whipping thousands of fans up into a frenzy' about the reasons for the match being called off 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Blaming me/owlstalk when it's literally everywhere all over the internet 

All because the club did a three line announcement instead of giving the fans the time and respect they deserve with a reasonable upbeat, friendly detailed reason

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Give over - you came on here today to suggest that this site/I was 'whipping thousands of fans up into a frenzy' about the reasons for the match being called off 🤣🤣🤣🤣

All because the club did a three line announcement instead of giving the fans the time and respect they deserve with a reasonable upbeat, friendly detailed reason

Referee’s Inspection.

Game Off.

Frozen Pitch.

The End.

This game is likely to be played week commencing April 12th, we have a free week without a fixture week commencing March 8th but Swansea already have a fixture against Blackburn that midweek.

Last couple of weeks in March are free but World Cup qualifiers are taking place from Wednesday 25th to Wednesday 31st. 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Give over - you came on here today to suggest that this site/I was whipping thousands of fans up into a frenzy about the reasons for the match being called off

I think you're half right. It might be all over the internet, but only as something to moan about. I was looking forward to the prospect of perhaps getting something tomorrow (heavy legged opponents on a heavy pitch). But I don't think there's any conspiracy here. Yes, underinvestment over the last few years have left us a bit tinpot and the comms strategy is awful, but no money is coming in. Plenty is going out. how can anyone manage it?

• Like 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Sounds like you've been 'whipped up into a frenzy'

Nope.

A frozen pitch is a frozen pitch.

As stated previously, use some flexibilty if conditions were to improve quickly and the temperature “awkwardly” raises to 1 degree and is playable by Sunday and move Tuesday’s fixture to Wednesday given the logistics relate only to teams and not fans.

If we were at Swansea away tomorrow and I had a ticket I would be very grateful for an early call re. its postponement after several nights of freezing temperatures.

Just now, Retired Owls Fan said:

I think you're half right. It might be all over the internet, but only as something to moan about. I was looking forward to the prospect of perhaps getting something tomorrow (heavy legged opponents on a heavy pitch). But I don't think there's any conspiracy here. Yes, underinvestment over the last few years have left us a bit tinpot and the comms strategy is awful, but no money is coming in. Plenty is going out. how can anyone manage it?

Chansiri has said numerous times that he's absolutely minted

Our fans have said he's linked to an extremely wealthy family and a huge tuna business 

Chansiri has said 'I tell you now. your money pays for NOTHING' when referring to tickets and the money fans spend on them

Im struggling to see your point regarding finance in that case? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Our fans have said he's linked to an extremely wealthy family and a huge tuna business 

Chansiri has said 'I tell you now. your money pays for NOTHING' when referring to tickets and the money fans spend on them

He never said he controls the weather though.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Retired Owls Fan said:

Would they have been that heavy legged though? Only 5 outfield players played in both of last 2 fixtures against Norwich and Man City. image.png.bc19dc557943370f1e85986c0fe63d4b.png

image.png.80c39609b6b88a3878c1438587a4b77d.png

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said: