2 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I'm a teacher so will be in the summer, when it is nice and expensive 🙂 

Many American school districts have an 11 week summer holiday from late May to mid August. Majority of families are either back at school by mid/late August, or very close (and not traveling).

Your flights won’t be cheaper, but you should find cheaper hotels and less crowded parks if you go during the second half of your British summer holiday.

• Thanks 1

The owls are not what they seem.

Just now, Neal M said:

Many American school districts have an 11 week summer holiday from late May to mid August. Majority of families are either back at school by mid/late August, or very close (and not traveling).

Your flights won’t be cheaper, but you should find cheaper hotels and less crowded parks if you go during the second half of your British summer holiday.

This is cracking advice, thanks mate, I’ll keep that in mind! 

If you are heading up to Yellowstone the BLM ( no not That one),area just north of Sinclair, WY  is very interesting to pass thru .We camped at one of the campsites  near miracle mile from memory.

Saw Pelicans ,which was most unexpected.

Was in Yellowstone in June had snow at times all 3 days.

A moose wandered right by my tent ,the things are enormous and reputedly bad tempered.

Some of the campsites were shut as it's effectively spring and hunger grizzly had been raiding the site.

Doesn't make for an easy nights sleep

On 18/02/2021 at 16:42, BetterCallSaul said:

Is that just the Canadian side of glacier NP?

Waterton?  Yes. It's all very rustic and this is the swanky hotel

image.png.8339fc355eb5ac6de16eb1b63e79198c.png

Incidentally, if you're thinking of doing Banff, it's about a 3hr drive from the border to Calgary, then just over an hour from Calgary to Banff.

If we ever get through Covid, everywhere's going to be really busy, there's so much pent-up demand, and it'll be pricey as the tourist industry tries to claw back its losses. S'pose all places will be like that anyway

On 18/02/2021 at 21:54, mildatheart67 said:

If you are heading up to Yellowstone the BLM ( no not That one),area just north of Sinclair, WY  is very interesting to pass thru .We camped at one of the campsites  near miracle mile from memory.

Saw Pelicans ,which was most unexpected.

Was in Yellowstone in June had snow at times all 3 days.

A moose wandered right by my tent ,the things are enormous and reputedly bad tempered.

Some of the campsites were shut as it's effectively spring and hunger grizzly had been raiding the site.

Doesn't make for an easy nights sleep

yeah but it’s more exciting I imagine than being woken up by rabbits while camping in England haha

7 hours ago, edmontonowl said:

Waterton?  Yes. It's all very rustic and this is the swanky hotel

image.png.8339fc355eb5ac6de16eb1b63e79198c.png

That is nice, defo one to take a look at. I’m very much willing to have a big list of places and then see what is possible and what actually works 

7 hours ago, edmontonowl said:

Incidentally, if you're thinking of doing Banff, it's about a 3hr drive from the border to Calgary, then just over an hour from Calgary to Banff.

If we ever get through Covid, everywhere's going to be really busy, there's so much pent-up demand, and it'll be pricey as the tourist industry tries to claw back its losses. S'pose all places will be like that anyway

think that is mainly the issue, I think no matter where anyone goes it’s going to be flipping hectic out and about as everyone will be wanting to go away when we are finally told we can