Alan Biggs giving to people straight

1 hour ago, Salmonbones said:

My youngest is a boy, he is as lovely as they come - chatty, will talk to anyone.    As something he does outside school, he studies dance - just as his two older sisters do.   He has lessons every week - still under lockdown he does over zoom -  He is still very young, and he gets dogs abuse from kids he goes to school with because of this, and even parents of some of the kids he goes to school with.   It's disgraceful.    He has at such a young age been labelled gay by some of these people because he dances - yet this thing he does has had his sisters go dance abroad, in Paris - and he'll have the same opportunity should coronavirus permit in the next few years and if he continues with it, which I am sure he will.

He also loves playing football, he loves boxing - both so called masculine activities.    Go figure.

People just chat crap based on what they believe about someone.    You can't be hardened to it really though, all you can do is get used to the abuse and shut it out.    

Thanks for sharing, more power to your son! 

I’d rather be living a life that feels natural to me than being a sour knuckle dragging troll. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I could tell you some right stories about what really went off back then including the time that a certain CEO was secretly in the studio repeatedly whispering in a presenters ear what question to ask next during a radio interview over the phone with one of the fans who opposed how he ran the club

When the books come out on that period in a few years it'll open a few eyes that's for sure

You writing the books?

4 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Same, you need that sort of proof to join a library for instance.
As long as those details were not sold on elsewhere and data kept so you could be targeted by advertisers or whatever.

I hope it doesn't come to forums like Owlstalk though.

Obviously they would be sold on elsewhere.  In a heartbeat.

2 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

As a side note, when I was my lads age - I was told that Wednesday players used to have to take dance lessons as it helped them with their fitness and balance.    This would be around 1986.    Would you know if this is true?   It was a teacher at Manor Lodge who said this, it may be true, it may not!

If this was the case, when did it stop?   It seems like a good idea for basic fitness and whatnot.

When I was involved with the Irish Centre in Sheffield Brendan Ingle used to bring some of his boxers to the dance lessons to teach them about and improve their balance.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I could tell you some right stories about what really went off back then including the time that a certain CEO was secretly in the studio repeatedly whispering in a presenters ear what question to ask next during a radio interview over the phone with one of the fans who opposed how he ran the club

When the books come out on that period in a few years it'll open a few eyes that's for sure

Oh do tell more.😆

Guest mrbluesky
12 hours ago, the mighty wednesday said:

Yes this kind of negates my last post. Facebook etc can't be bothered to do anything now so if they actually have another dataset to keep and monitor they will have another excuse for not having the resources to act.

More to do with losing money than not being bothered, it's a really simple solution, it's just something we have to live with unfortunately. 

Guest mrbluesky
11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I also have a zero strike policy now

Act like a nob towards me even just once and you're immediately blocked

No second chances

Life's too short

Cut out the nutjobs - keep the nice

I also proactively block anyone I see being a d%ckhead to anyone else

It must be lonely on Owlstalk for you these days, Neil.

lol

Guest mrbluesky
8 hours ago, EXCALIBUR said:

Lee got dogs abuse on here and uncalled for.he tried but didn't have the money needed to take us forward. 

Them who gave him abuse ain't Wednesday fans, they are w@nkers

I personally feel Lee wasn't cut out for forums, good businessman, poor debater, and really in his role at the time should have stayed clear.