Alan Biggs giving to people straight

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah it's bad

Like really really bad

And it's not just people posting it online where you might stumble on it

Directly 'tweeting' that player means that it's guaranteed that they'll read it - it's pretty much impossible for them not to

Fair enough. 

I’d always kind of thought, well so what? It’s not “real”.

But I’m sure the stress response is almost identical to it happening in person. Perhaps worse, because you can always give them a slap in real time if that works. 

*Btw...Abuse is NOT free speech. Neither legally nor philosophically. (Aimed at the thread not the post!)

Edited by Alb1owl

Just now, Alb1owl said:

Fair enough. 

I’d always kind of thought, well so what? It’s not “real”.

But I’m sure the stress response is almost identical to it happening in person. Perhaps worse, because you can always give them a slap in real time if that works. 

*Btw...Abuse is NOT free speech. Neither legally nor philosophically. 

Yeah it's really bad 

And relentless

They log onto twitter and read abuse after abuse (not just gentle stuff either - the worst stuff you can imagine like wishing covid on their parents or cot death on their children etc)

And it's relentless

Over and over and over and over and over

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

believe me you don't WANT to know who he is...we had a guy called The Guvnor on here giving it all the angrymad stuff like you...all I can say is that he never ever showed up on here again...I'm not saying anything but Mr Owlstalk  had a new patio around that time 

I thought you were in charge of all the angry mad stuff ?.

Spoiler

Just now, OutwellOwl said:

Lets play the game then ... HOW??

May I suggest this is only going one way.

Listen I won't lie - @@owlstalk can be very obstinate, but this line he is taking here is to protect people as because as a community we have been here before.   People have been targeted, and things have gone sour.

I should take my own advice here sometimes, but log off and come back another day.

• Like 1

a period when Owlstalk was the hot bed of sedition.

The 4 bills were tag teaming to create discourse. Conspiracy theories were ripe.

DA was abusing fan and Grandad was a breath away from incarnation.

Neil held fast in his refusal to grass on posters.

owlstalk was registering 1000s post per hour.

Now it cuz cant cross a ball🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, OutwellOwl said:

And I haven't ...

Awww ... friend of Neils are you ... I have read up on it ... and I can still have free speech ....the responsibility is for a court to judge me and there I would take my chances

No I'm a moderater of this site, you don't have the right in this country so say what you like without repercussions. 

Free speech with responsibility. 

Infact true free speech is one of the biggest fallacies out there. In my opinion. 

Edited by Maddogbob

12 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

believe me you don't WANT to know who he is...we had a guy called The Guvnor on here giving it all the angrymad stuff like you...all I can say is that he never ever showed up on here again...I'm not saying anything but Mr Owlstalk  had a new patio around that time 

The Guvour🤣🤣🤣

almost forgot about him.

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah it's really bad 

And relentless

They log onto twitter and read abuse after abuse (not just gentle stuff either - the worst stuff you can imagine like wishing covid on their parents or cot death on their children etc)

And it's relentless

Over and over and over and over and over

Tbh, for the first time today, I've come very close to deleting twitter. 

It used to be great for breaking news. 

But its nothing but abuse. I can almost guarantee withought looking at the thread under Biggs initial tweet, there will be some abuse for Biggs, more than likely about something else. Unconnected to that original tweet. 

Product of the current social and economic climate perhaps, or am I just excusing behaviour? 

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

Tbh, first the first time today, I've come very close to deleting twitter. 

It used to be great for breaking news. 

But its nothing but abuse. I can almost guarantee withought looking at the thread under Biggs initial tweet, there will be some abuse for Biggs, more than likely about something else. Unconnected to that original tweet. 

Product of the current social and economic climate perhaps, or am I just excusing behaviour? 

Screenshot 2021-02-11 at 21.16.48.jpg

Bang on - nailed it

Check out who tweeted the first one too

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Maddogbob said:

Thing is, when did interaction with heroes and those you looked upto go wrong? 

I noticed years ago on the internet when people like John Paul McGovern would come on here and post (as himself) and chat with fans, just how people can't handle speaking to people in the public eye

We saw the same when Lee Strafford posted more regularly when he was chairman of the club - same thing - people just couldn't get to grips with how to speak to him without trying to call him out, trip him up, name-call etc

It wasn't anywhere near as bad back then but the signs were there that the public just doesn't know how to converse sensibly with people  of note

It's sad but true

I've seen  it in the music industry too - it's not just football

Actors too

And we've all seen how it is with poiticians

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop