Nigel Pearson attacks club controlled journalism

1 minute ago, York_Owl said:

I thought we were being nice and kind to each other or has that finished now?

We are mate - I reserve that kind of tone only for occasions where it's most definitely needed

E.g when someone blindly posts 'another stick to beat the club with' or 'careful what you wish for' which must be called out, mocked and more the second it's spotted

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

So when DC held the two media briefings the other month with YorkshireLive, The Sheffield Star, The Athletic and BBC Radio Sheffield - this is just one outlet? 

You're right mate- everyone else is wrong and you're right

Weird how all the people keep discussing it isn't it?

Must just be a coincidence it's a talking point amongst so many independent people

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

So when DC held the two media briefings the other month with YorkshireLive, The Sheffield Star, The Athletic and BBC Radio Sheffield - this is just one outlet? 

Wasn't these big announcements though where you would invite all the press. I think he means in general giving unprecedented access to just one outlet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Wasn't these big announcements though where you would invite all the press. I think he means in general giving unprecedented access to just one outlet.

Not necessarily unusual for a private company to be fair. 

Howson’s access is hardly unprecedented. He gets about an interview a year if he’s lucky 

lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

If by 'good journalism'  you mean 'the journalism that Chansiri agrees with' you're bang on

To be fair Dom usually just writes what DC tells him. 

I mean, if DC think slagging off Paul Cook and Erik Alonso in public reflects well on him and the club, well good help the man.

Dom’s hardly painting DC in a shining light by publishing that article now is he. 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Nigel Pearson -  a well respected experienced manager seems to think it's out of the ordinary and wrong

Nigel Pearson called a reporter doing his job an ostrich and tried to bully a reporter just doing his job.

I’ll take his expertise on football management but not when it comes to the media and how a club runs it’s PR department. 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Nigel Pearson called a reporter doing his job an ostrich and tried to bully a reporter just doing his job.

I’ll take his expertise on football management but not when it comes to the media and how a club runs it’s PR department. 

It's a shame you've resorted to dismissing and mocking a club legend like that

Owlstalk Shop