Jump to content

Please DC sign up Shaw and Urhoghide


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

I sometimes think DC thinks football works like a normal business where experience and proven track record are valued so much more than potential.

 

Football is so different, young players with definite potential are of such value that you may have to pay them  more than you feel their current value to the team, so they don't get their heads turned.

 

OK  not all of them will realise their full value but those that do canmake the club millions.

 

Sadly I think that boat may have already sailed with Shaw and Urgohide.

After 6 years DC continues to prove he still does not have a clue what he is doings. He's learned nothing from all of his mistakes, because simply he is still making the same mistakes over and over again.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

They'll get offers

 

It's up to them if they choose greed over development here 

You mean chose teams that will help them develop and valued taken over a team that gives a 30+ injury prone player £20k a season contract. But improving youngster next to nothing 1 year deals.

 

There is no greed just lack of football knowledge at our club.

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a massive challenge for DC.

 

Can he do something that is very important to the future of SWFC by signing up Shaw and Urhoghide.

 

Hopefully somone who reads Owlstalk who has some role at the club will pass this message onto DC.

 

He needs to do this for the sake of the future of the club.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

May I just ask daveyboy66 whether this is a quote from Liam Shaw back in December or a more recent utterance?

 

It is vital that we get him signed up asap:

 

41 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Shaw stated again that he wants to play for Wednesday and hopes his agent can sort a deal out " sooner than later ".

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If I was a young players agent who's likely to attract other clubs I'd  be  advising them to bide there time before signing a new deal .....if someone offers them a contract it's up to us to top it .

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Arguments sake £10k each per week on a 4 year deal, just over £4million in wages for the pair. 

If they both keep playing as they are could we sell the pair for that amount in the next four years. 

I think so, so imo it would be a worthwhile investment. 

 

Or we can get journeymen on the same amount with no potential resale. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Without wishing to be repetitive QPR sold Eze to Crystal Palce last summer for £15 million.

 

Eze as we all know had signed a new deal with QPR to ensure that the club received recompense for developing him as a player.

 

That was the going rate for a high potential 22 year old midfield player of great character.

 

Shaw may not play in a similar way to Eze but could be just as valuable if he continues to develop.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just think how much we would have to pay in transfer fees to bring in couple of 19 years old of such quality and with their potential. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm convinced Shaw is going to the top.

 

The coaches and staff at SWFC need to be sending a clear message to Chansiri about him. 

 

I'm sure he's not asking for crazy wages. Celtic wouldn't be offering him 20k a week plus. No chance.

 

We can't afford to let him leave if there is a chance we can keep him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad to see that player of his talent can't get offered near as much as what Pelupessey is on. So much about planing for the future. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, malek said:

Sad to see that player of his talent can't get offered near as much as what Pelupessey is on. So much about planing for the future. 

Let Pelupessy go in the summer and offer Shaw the deal that Pelupessy was on.

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The post from Trev is spot on.

 

40 minutes ago, trev said:

I'm convinced Shaw is going to the top.

 

The coaches and staff at SWFC need to be sending a clear message to Chansiri about him. 

 

I'm sure he's not asking for crazy wages. Celtic wouldn't be offering him 20k a week plus. No chance.

 

We can't afford to let him leave if there is a chance we can keep him.

 

NT, LB and all the coaches need to get on the phone to DC and tell him we must sign up this young lad double quick.

 

Having achieved a few wins NT is in a good bargaining position.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Owls Loyal said:

Without wishing to be repetitive QPR sold Eze to Crystal Palce last summer for £15 million.

 

Eze as we all know had signed a new deal with QPR to ensure that the club received recompense for developing him as a player.

 

That was the going rate for a high potential 22 year old midfield player of great character.

 

Shaw may not play in a similar way to Eze but could be just as valuable if he continues to develop.


Such an unfair comparison. And not fair on Shaw. Players have different circumstances and if Shaw was to refuse  a new deal here he shouldn’t be abused for it.

 

Given our history of selling players, if Shaw does sign a new contract here and kick on, what evidence is there that DC will be willing to sell him at a fair price? When Hirst wanted out, DC rejected a very fair bid and excluded him from the training ground. 
 

Also on Eze. He’d already had two very good seasons at this level and had much more experience than Shaw ahead of his move. Also attacking talent tends to always go for more money. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

 

 

Given our history of selling players, if Shaw does sign a new contract here and kick on, what evidence is there that DC will be willing to sell him at a fair price? When Hirst wanted out, DC rejected a very fair bid and excluded him from the training ground. 

 

Makes zero sense that contract we offered to Hirst nowhere near reflected transfer fee we wanted for him. It was never going to work and I really can't understand how those in charge expected it would?! 

 

Sadly it seems that we learned nothing from that fiasco and are making same mistakes again. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, malek said:

 

And nothing to do with terms that were offered? 

 

I've no idea what terms were offered, don't suppose anybody does. Unless you do?

All we know is he said the club had made an offer and his agent was dealing with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

 

I've no idea what terms were offered, don't suppose anybody does. Unless you do?

All we know is he said the club had made an offer and his agent was dealing with it.

 

It was Reported on here that he was offered 1 year extension. Some others claimed he got offered much less than other first team players are on. Doesn't have to be true, but sounds likely. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If I was DC and I had just seen £150 million go down the Swanny I think I would spend a few thousand on making sure that Shaw is tied to a contract.

 

It could in time help DC to recover some of his loss.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, malek said:

Sadly it seems that we learned nothing from that fiasco and are making same mistakes again. 

This seems like a recurring theme with our owner.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...